Thread: Post install problem with MS office 2010 Upgrade

Post install problem with MS office 2010 Upgrade

From last many months, I was using the MS Office 2003 for my desktop computer. Now I decided to install the Office 2010. My computer is running the Windows Vista x64 business edition. I have installed the "Office Home and Business 2010" edition in UPGRADE mode. I was in administrator account and all are running fine it. I was able to open the Outlook mail file without any problem.

The problem starts when I logged in with the standard user account. I use that account for dealing with my emails. When I tried to open the outlook utility then it refuses to launch that. All other things like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote are running without any issue. Can you tell me that what can be the problem with this and how can I solve that?

Re: Post install problem with MS office 2010 Upgrade

I think that the problem is with the bad installation of the office. Some of the files that are needed for the outlook may be corrupted and that is why it is not able to launch the outlook. You should uninstall and install the office again. This will create new files and may solve the issue for you. Best way to do this is to install with a different setup file because it is possible that the setup file that you are trying to use may be corrupted and causing the bad installation. I have seen that many of the cases like this get resolved after re-installation of the office. I wish it will do the same for you.

I agree that the re-installation may solve the issue that you facing but you should do this when no other option is available. Before moving to reinstallation you can try to repair it. When you run the setup then t will show you the option for repairing. Click on that and this will repair the office files that are corrupted.

I am also facing the similar problem. When I tried to launch the outlook then it shows me that some of the files are missing and it cannot launch it. I tried to uninstall that from control panel but was not able to remove that. Please tell me that how I can uninstall and install it gain. Please help us.

Many of the times some of the installed programs cannot be removed from the “add or remove programs”. If you are not able to remove the office from it then you can do the following steps.
    For Windows XP:
    1. Click on start >Run. There you have to type control appwiz.cpl and press enter.
    2. Click on the Office system product from the list of application and click on remove which is next to that.

For Windows Vista:
    1. Click on the start and in the search box you have to type programs and features. Press enter.
    2. Select the product that you want to uninstall and click Uninstall/Change from the bar.

For Windows 7:
    1. Click on the start and in the search box you have to type programs and features. Press enter.
    2. Select the product that you want to uninstall and click Uninstall/Change from the bar.

If you are using office 2010 then you can click on the link below and this will open the download box. Click on the Run button on that box and just follow the simple onscreen instruction and this will solve the problem for you. This will be the best way to solve the problem for you. I hope you lwill be able to get out of this problem soon.

Download Now