Thread: How to enable desktop window manager in windows 7

How to enable desktop window manager in windows 7

I am using windows 7 and Intel i3 processor in the system which is having 360 GB hard disk. Actually I have done this entire thing after a formatting of the system which is done recently. Actually the problem I am suffering is due to the desktop window manager. I was using aero theme in the system which I was already using previously. But in this system it is not working as after this formatting I have installed a Sis Mirage Graphics with the entire latest driver. When I attempt the "Troubleshoot troubles with clearness and other aero things" I find as a consequence to "desktop window manager is disabled" this message is showed by the system. What could be causing this? Please help me.

Re: How to enable desktop window manager in windows 7

I think this will help you to get the desired solution so try using these steps to get the solution for this you need to follow the steps as given below hope these points will help you:
    • First you need to go to the services for which you have to go to the start menu and then go to the run option.
    • As soon as you will get run just type services.msc in the box this will let you to get into the UAC or permissions stuff.
    • In the permissions stuff tries to find the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager which you will be able to find in the first column and then check it is running.
    • And then find that the theme you want to run is running or not.
    • After this stop the theme and then stop the Desktop Window Manager which can be done by right clicking on it. And then choose the stop option.
    • Now start the theme first and then Desktop Window Manager by using right click and then check that they are working if yes then select the AUTOMATIC as the startup type. I think after doing this you will be able to get the desired solution.

I think it is not working because you have lost the Aero effect after the update you have done in the system which you have done to get more frequent so to reappear it you need to personalize it which can be done by right click on the desktop menu after this select the Window Color and Appearance and after this select the aero option. There you will find that the aero will already be active from there you have to select the classic appearance properties after this selection you will be see that AERO or others can be selected from this Select THEMES and save this as my Theme etc. I hope this will help you to get the desired solution so try doing this.

It seems that you are using some other user name in the user account so check out that the problem you are facing is only related to this account only or you are getting the same by creating another one. So to check this go to the start on the desktop and then go to the control panel and from there you need to proceed further and then create a new account and then see if this issue is still persist or not. I am not sure but in some cases it works as I have found that a few people find this thing working for them. So I would like to tell you to try doing this.

As you told that you are getting these themes working for the previous system you were using. So, it seems that it occurs because you might have provided some changes to the system after the format of the PC. I think you should try checking the information what you are getting after pressing the WinKey+R which allow to get a typing bar and then type services.msc and after typing this just presenter which will let you a list and from that list find the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and themes are getting both of the option working fine and are they automatic. If you are not getting this change accordingly I have suggested you to do. After this I hope you will get the solution.