Thread: windows 7: unable to open outlook 2007, till machine reboot

windows 7: unable to open outlook 2007, till machine reboot

Having a Dell Inspiron, with the windows 7 32-bit system architecture. Recently installed the outlook 2007 application in my machine, basically for official mails sending and receiving purpose. I don’t have any trust on other third party email application. The windows 7 are working fine, but suddenly from this morning, whenever I double click on the application icon, it does not open. First it take some time to appear the windows permission and then it flashes that, the application is doesn’t open. I checked, the instance of the application is working in the background. Every time I need to reboot the machine for start the application. I also tried to open the application by insert the command prompt “outlook.exe”, but this one also does not works. What should I do? Any tips for this problem?

Re: windows 7: unable to open outlook 2007, till machine reboot

I suggest you to open the application by log on into the machine in safe mode and then go to control panel and select outlook 2007 application from the program list and click on remove and repair option. It will also ask you for the windows permission, click on Allow. After appearing the un-install window select the repair option from that window, it will take more as like the installation take. Now reboot the machine and open the outlook 2007 application. Or you can also do this process from the installation disk. There is also the same procedure, in the installation windows you will also look the repair option, click on this and simply follow onscreen instructions. I had the similar issue few months before and by this process I fix the problem, so I would like to also suggest you to do the process, I think this is the only way to solve the issue.

My brother has facing same issue, and after research about this problem he found that this is for the add-ins those are applied in the Outlook tool application. He can easily solve the issue by disable the add-ins those are applying in outlook 2007. Some of the add-ins whether these are from Microsoft or any other third party application, are sometimes damaged the application. Disable the add-ins except which is from Microsoft. For that open the Outlook application window and go to Tool menu option and click on add-ins, select the add-ins those are necessary for disable, you can select the add-in type from type category in that window. Select the desire one and click on GO, uncheck the box of the add-in which one you want to disable. Try this, I hope this will surely help you.

It may be the general issue of the outlook application, so I suggest you to create a new profile for the outlook. The email profile which is created for the outlook or nay other email agent is carries the information of data files, e-mail accounts and other information like to where you are sending the mail or from where you receiving mail. So like that the profile which is created in your outlook application to access the mail client, also carries the information of your mailing information. The profile in Microsoft Outlook is known as the identities in Outlook Express. Go to the control panel and under that proceed to user account, in that window look for the Mail option, click on that option, if you are using the classic view of control panel then double click on Mail option. It will open the Mail Setup dialog box, click on Show Profiles and then add. Enter the name of the profile with the other information’s which are used to create the profile. Now open the outlook application and log on to it with the newly created profile name and password, and after this reconfigure then outlook express with the new information’s.

If you are still not able to open the outlook application, then try with the following process. I think this will definitely help you to access outlook express. Go to start menu option and click on find/search option, insert .pst in the Named box, along with that select My computer for the searching path and click on find now. It will locate the entire .pst files from your computer, those are outlook file, which is stored in the machine with the .pst extension. Select the file(s) nad rename it to .psx extension, repeat this process for all the file with the .pst extension searched from your machine. Make sure all the .pst files are renamed, by again searching the file, inserting the file extension in the search option. After search in second time make sure that, no file with the file extension is available in the machine will appear in the screen. Now open outlook application window. I hope this time it will open. Now first insert the earlier file extension, it will not found any file with this extension.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I had the similar issue and at that time I searched everywhere for the solution but did not found anything. I searched online or offline. After a deep search and consult with different persons about this matter, one of a simple solution I found, which is regarding the Personal Folders File, these files are used to create the outlook file in the machine which is going to be execute and this one is create whenever you access any mail or any other file in the application. Sou. o I would like to share the simple process and also would like to suggest you to go through this process, this will definitely help. Open the outlook express application and switch to file menu option, now under the new tab click on Personal Folders File which are having the .pst extension. Click on nay file name and verify if there is any change made, and go for create option. Make sure that during the creation you are inserting appropriate information regarding the file. The newly created file is might be not placed in the list the list under the desire folder. So if this happens then you need to proceed to view option under Folder window, and from there you should check on the allow all file to execute, because sometime after rename or changing the file extension, the existing file will be remove from the machine and that one can not be execute. You can also store this one in your personal folder of outlook express. Some of the application versions are by default having this folder; you need to only access that one. This is situating in Properties, and if the folder is not present there then you need to create it from Deliver POP mail to this personal folders file option.

This problem might be occurred for the install and un-install nay third party software in your machine, some of the software are collaborate with the other software then first of all you need to un-install that one for the program and feature under control panel, and along with that remove all the directory entries and temporary files physically from the machine, and if you are facing the problem for the HTML, I had the similar issue regarding the browser that I have in my machine, which is for the HTML and some of the XML code. So one of the simple ways to fix this issue is that by applying some of the plug-in or any other HTML command which is for running the HTML script. And the other way by once re-install the browser, same way for the outlook tool application. Might be other think can also happen, which is regarding the registry editor, which is like if the error is for the registry path, that means that the outlook registry is not specified with the HTML script. Some you need to ensure that from the registry editor, whether this one working fine or not. Click on the start menu, type and insert Regedit in the search option tab, you will enter into the registry editor, under that you look for the path “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html”, right click on this path and make sure that it is having the right value for that. If this one not proper then change it with the "BrowserHTML" to "htmlfile". Try this, will help you.