Thread: Integration of winamp with windows 7 taskbar

Integration of winamp with windows 7 taskbar

Currently I am using windows 7 operating system and I love to play music on my system. For that I use most of the audio players that are available for free on internet. Recently I have heard about win7shell that can integrate with windows 7 taskbar. Now the thing I want to know will this thing be a good choice for using it on my computer system or there is another player which is better than this. I think that if this win7shell can be integrated with windows 7 taskbar without utilizing much of my resources then it will be better option. Hence I want to know benefits of using this win7shell on my computer system and how to integrate with my windows 7 operating system. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Integration of winamp with windows 7 taskbar

Winamp veteran remains one of the best options to Windows when playing your multimedia files, for its simplicity, its power and how well it works. However, with the arrival of Windows 7, one aspect that is not yet implemented: integration with the taskbar Windows 7 (aka superbar). With Win7Shell this is corrected by adding support for almost any development that brings this bar. For starters, the Jump List (the context menu of each program) will have the latest files played, as has become standard in many programs. For its part, the thumbnail of Aero Peek will have the album cover and song information along with buttons to control playback. Finally, the very icon of the application will have a different background showing the progress of the song. All of this is customizable; we can even choose the text that appears in Aero Peek a lot of fields at our disposal.

As we know, the Windows taskbar 7 includes many new capabilities such as the jump list, previews, progress bars, etc. Many programs have taken advantage but others such as Winamp still seem to have awakened. Luckily for the people of Nullsoft, has created a plugin called Winamp Win7Shell that gives everything needed to integrate seamlessly with the Windows taskbar 7.
    What makes the above plugin the best?
    1. Adds a Jumplist with the latest songs heard.
    2. Transformation of Winamp icon in to a progress bar and playing of local files, blinking green when you are doing streaming, yellow and red at the time of break off
    3. Adds a thumbnail with the cover of the album you are listening.
    4. Add the playback control buttons on the thumbnail.

Most of the user thinks that it is needed because the taskbar in Windows 7 is still used by Winamp. It is designed to improve the usability of the operating system Windows 7, but Winamp still does not. So it is better to use Win7Shell instead you will have visible information and shortcuts...
    For those who needs the reason for using this win7Shell
    1. Displays the playback status and progress in the background of the icon on the taskbar
    2. Use the icon on the taskbar to display a VU-meter
    3. Show the state of play
    4. Custom preview PEEK Aero with:
    5. Winamp logo
    6. album art
    7. personalized information on the average running
    8. a custom image or file
    9. progress bar
    10. Adds customizable control buttons on the thumbnail PEEK aero
    11. Add a list of recent files and bookmarks
    12. Improves the visualization of the 3D Winamp Flick
    Not only that, it also has following compatibilities:
    1. Translation Support
    2. Fully compatible with Winamp, and Windows 7
    3. All features can be enabled or disabled
    4. The information in the preview can be selected and customized by the user
    5. Full support for Unicode characters

Information that is give is really good related to win7Shell, but I want to know something about integration of iTunes. I think if a person wants to use iTunes in windows 7 then there should be an similar to this one. I mean that option of adding iTunes to the Taskbar (windows media player style), but I have not seen anything like that. I meant that I am not able to see anything like this for iTunes. If there is any information related to that then please let me know about that.

For me the iTunes 9 shows me the playback buttons at the preliminary hearing of the application in the taskbar. According to me there is no need to add iTunes to the taskbar to your windows 7 operating system. It would be nice for a plugin like this but for AIMP2. I have tested AIMP2 on my computer system and trust me it the best thing I can have on my computer system. But there is a problem that AIMP2 only work with the latest version of Winamp. So for this thing to work you have to get the latest version of winamp. There is no need to worry about that because you can get this thing from the official site of winamp.