Thread: Windows 7 professional change recycle bin icon

Windows 7 professional change recycle bin icon

I have installed windows 7 professional few days back in my system it was all working really good for quite some time. But I found a trouble about the recycle bin icon, it appears that it will not 'refresh' automatically after I erase something or blank the recycle bin. I have tried to analysis a lot of times and found the problem is really appearing. The recycle bin is not automatically refreshing itself any longer if I change the recycle bin icon and replace it with any other .icon picture NOT the default system icon which is used for it.

Re: Windows 7 professional change recycle bin icon

First you need to ensure if you have installed some Theme or an Icon Package, and see if uninstalling it makes the trouble go away if so then the trouble is appearing because of the Theme or Package. Other than this attempt switching the theme to Windows Classic theme and then back to Windows Aero default. I think this can be the one issue which you might be facing and you are thinking it as problem.

First you need to Right-click on the Desktop there in Personalize and click on Change desktop icons there you can perform one of the things from Disabling or Uncheck Recycle Bin. After that just you need to click on Restore Defaults and press OK next to it Reboot the system, now using the similar process Enable /Check Recycle Bin next renovate defaults click OK. Refresh Desktop. Other than this problem will be solved if you use the default system icon within imageres.dll.

You can find Recycle Bin in the 'Desktop Icons settings' Dialog Box there just checks on Recycle Bin. Afterward tick on the ‘Recycle Bin Empty’ icon now click on 'Change Icon' tab. pick the icon that shows the 'Recycle Bin Full'. You have to do the identical for 'Recycle Bin Full' icon, modify it to 'Recycle Bin Empty' icon. Now click on pertain. Now cross check if when the Recycle Bin is full, the empty-icon shows or not and vice versa. If it does, go reverse and yet again modify back the icons to what they should be using the similar process as above.

For doing the same you can use the Group Policy Object Editor. For that you need to enter gpedit.msc in Search bar there in Windows start Menu and press enter. There go to User Configuration there you have Administrative Templates then move to Desktop and there you have Remove Recycle Bin icon from your desktop. Now Double click on it and Enable it then Apply and Reboot your system. After that pursue the similar above declared steps. But now this time in place of 'Enable' you need to choose 'Not Configured.

The simple solution you can apply for it just Repair or Re-build the Icon Cache. For this the simplest method would be to just download and use TuneUp Utilities or the Stardocks Icon Packager from the official website. But need to mention here is that they are not freeware you need to pay for it but you have the trial versions to resolve your problem. I hope you will try out this solution to resolve the problem you are going through with your recycle bin icon.

You can perform below steps to resolve your problem with recycle bin icon.
    1. First you need to open the Registry Editor from the Start Menu there in search typing Regedit. Then when the UAC prompt will appear say yes.
    2. Now navigate using
    Code:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/CLSID/{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}/Default Icon
    3. There in the right hand panel, double tick on the Default string, and alter the entry from this %USERPROFILE%\Icons\blackhole.ico to this %USERPROFILE%\Icons\blackhole.ico,0
    now click on ok.
    4. You need to do again Step 3 for the blank and filled string entries as well.
    5. Now shut Regedit and the changes will be applied without having to log off and on or restart and see if it modifies to the Full custom icon.