Thread: Cannot sort icons in Windows 7 using auto arrange?

Cannot sort icons in Windows 7 using auto arrange?

I have got a desktop system , I used to use Windows xp home edition first, later on due to slow performance I changed my whole system configuration , I bought a new motherboard from ASUS and installed a 4GB RAM on it along with a intel core i3 processor . I also changed my operating system , I have replaced Windows xp with Windows 7 , but however I am unable to arrange the icons or folders in my new operating system , as I could do it easily in Windows xp, please tell me is there any equivalent tool or something that can help me in accomplishing my task. I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Re: Cannot sort icons in Windows 7 using auto arrange?

Yes I know that in Windows xp you can definitely a folder available that can help you in sorting the folder or the icons in the group you want , you can arrange them according to the file name or it’s size , you can even align the grid you have made according to your wish. But I am sorry to tell you that the auto arrange feature has been removed from Windows xp which is very disappointing . There is no such folder available in this operating system.

I totally contradict the above given statement , it is available in the Windows 7 operating system as well, you are requested to right click on the desktop , then select the view option and you will see the auto arrange option . Here you can fulfill your desired wish, you can also align the grids according to your wish and not only that you can arrange the icons according the icon file and size as well, to do this right click on the desktop, then select the sort by option and your desired option.

I just do not understand , why people switch to different operating system even when they do not find how to sort mere folders and icons, I would request you to be calm and do not change your operating system, this is possible in both the Windows Vista and Windows 7 version as well, in fact in all the versions of Windows 7 which have been developed till now , you can sort the icons, for that you will have to turn on the auto arrange option.