Thread: Unable to navigate through custom toolbars and taskbars ?

Unable to navigate through custom toolbars and taskbars ?

I have got a desktop system with windows xp operating system, I use my computer systems for various purposes such as viewing commercial websites, project management and links of various tools and applications, for that purpose I want to have toolbar that can store all these utilities and links, so that I can navigate through them easily and efficiently . I have wasted my lot of time in understanding the custom toolbars and I am not able to undock and dock utilities in them. I was using Quicklaunch, but it is too giving me lots of headaches, yes I know that I can turn it on and off accordingly in it’s registry .but its capacity is not more than of one row and the taskbars overcome it very soon ? The new toolbar which is being introduced recently is not much useful to me , because it is meant for the daily surfers who just surf a bit and read their mails only but it is not actually made for the corporate world . Please give your valuable comment on this.

Re: Unable to navigate through custom toolbars and taskbars ?

Do not worry I too have issues somewhat similar to you, so I will share what exactly I do when I get frustrated due to lots of tool being used most frequently. My folders normally contain various types of files such as MPP files , do files , files in PDF format , pictures and excel spreadsheets Since I had discrete types of files and all were mostly unstructured , it is not advisable that you pin all those files to any application or to a MRU list. I would rather ask you to pin this to the task bar , it will make easy your task in one way but may increase the complexities as well , once you have pinned these files you will find it too difficult to navigate and you will not be able to drag your newly created files into the folders in which you have stored your work .

I think I have got a solution for you ,you can add new toolbar after right clicking on the taskbar . Then look for the Quick Launch folder, you can find that in the folder where you have your web browser setup is stored. I think it is normally found in the C Dive where all user settings are stored , there you will find the Appdata folder and in that a folder named Roaming. .There you can disable the "Show text" and "Show title' . After that please copy all copy all the shortcuts in the folder you had created . Then when you are at the desktop, you can click on the taskbar and expand its size as much as the number of utilities and tools you want to fit in it. Do not forget to lock it . I think this might help you in fixing your issue.

Well you seem to have a very different sort of issue, as very few people are not content with the default features provided by the operating system .You can make a folders for your projects that can have one click access under your operating system . From there you will have a very easy access to your projects . You can also add drag and drop features to those folders and thus you can easily transfer any files related to your project to your project folder and can retrieve it whenever required. But thinking as your perspective I too really think that the designers should not only consider the simple and normal users but should also think for the people who spend their most of the time with machines and office work like you do.