Thread: Windows Explorer Drop Down Address Bar remains Empty

Windows Explorer Drop Down Address Bar remains Empty

Hello friends, I had just uploaded the Windows 7 on to my system, before I was working with the Vista OS with 64 bits. The issue is that the drop down address bar that use to display the mapped and the fixed drives, the desktop, My documents, removable disk and many more things is been empty now. When I click on to the arrow, I get the totally blank and empty drop down box, there is nothing displayed in it. I don’t know whether the problem is there in the Windows 7 but while working with the Vista or the XP OS, it use display the drive and the folders by clicking on to it. What is the problem I am unable to get it. Please help, how can I bring back the Windows Explorer Address bar with its related options? Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Explorer Drop Down Address Bar remains Empty

I think that you is being talking about the left panel of the Windows Explorer. More probably your Navigation Panel is being Unchecked in to the Layout. To enable the navigation Panel Layout: first click on to the drop down arrow of organize in to the Left panel of the Windows Explorer. In that click on to the Layout, then go at the Navigation Panel. If this solution doesn’t help these issues then attach a proper screen shot of your explorer so that I can analyze the issue properly.

Try to check the address bar in to the another user account. If you doesn’t have the other user then create the new user account and test and verify whether the address behaves same for that or not. Create the new user account. Because each and every user is having the different user account with the unique settings, such as the wall paper of the desktop or the screen saver. User account handles the files and the programs that user can access and also what type of changes user can create to the computer. You need to create the standard account. Then after fix the corrupted user profile, in most of the cases the issue doesn’t continues in to the new user account, it is the point to the possibility of the previous user account is being corrupted. Fix the corrupted user profile with the help of this link: windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Remember that, when you type any of the things in to the address bar such as the desktop, my documents, library, any drives or the locations, this location will get saved and will now be listed in to the drop down list of the Windows Explorer. When you click on to it next time on to the drop down arrow, it will display the list of the previous visited files and folders on to your computer. Hope this information may help you out from the problem.

The method suggested by the “DotNetUser” is the good one I think. First create the new user account and see whether the problem is resolved. After that fix a corrupted user profile. Also try to perform the online Virus scanning which may help you in resolving the problem. Windows Live OneCare safety scanner is the free service provided by the Microsoft to help ensure the health of your system. Remove and delete the entire virus. Also get rid of the junk on to your hard disk. Improve the performance of the computer. To scan the computer with online Virus scan then follow the link: safety.live.com/. Test whether the problem is solved. You can also go at the Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your computer from malicious software programs.

Windows Explorer Drop Down Bars remain Empty

Quote Originally Posted by MahaGuru View Post
    Remember that, when you type any of the things in to the address bar such as the desktop, my documents, library, any drives or the locations, this location will get saved and will now be listed in to the drop down list of the Windows Explorer. When you click on to it next time on to the drop down arrow, it will display the list of the previous visited files and folders on to your computer. BUT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN...EVERTHING IS ALWAYS BLANK and you have to point and click with the mouse to indicate your destination folder.
    In Vista Home Pro...anyone have an idea of how to fix this? It is not because the text color and background color are set to WHITE, because the current directory does appear in BLACK ink.

Many many thanks.

Stan

See that is a kind of bug you can say. Sometimes we do have to point at the options to see if they are there in the drop down list. changing the color and all does not matter at all. Thats what i know about it.

Just update your windows and see if the small issue like this is fixed or not. It should have got fixed by now.

surensach Guest

Go with the dotnetuser Suggestion , and yeah try scanning with windows safety ...temporarily u can access the drives , docs , pics using the run command

eg:
    run--> d:

it will open the drive ...vice versa u can use this for docs