Thread: Desktop gadget panel has stopped working in Windows 7

Desktop gadget panel has stopped working in Windows 7

I recently upgraded my operating system from windows xp to windows 7. After upgrading the system i updated the system after sometime. Now i noticed a change after updating my system. The change is that the desktop gadget panel is not working. I did try various methods for searching it but it did not help. The desktop gadget panel did not run from the start menu and also while right clicking on the start menu from the desktop it did not show up anything. Now i am unable to find the source of the problem. What can be the exact reason behind these. Please help me out of this.

Re: Desktop gadget panel has stopped working in Windows 7

If you ask me i would suggest you to reinstall the windows gadgets again and check if it works or not. You can do this by using the windows feature on/off. By re installing the windows gadgets you have to reboot the system and check if the there is any changes. If you are not knowing the on/off feature of the windows then go to control panel and click on programs and then select the windows feature ON and if you want it OFF then clear the check box. So uninstall the desktop gadget and reinstall it again with the windows feature this might work for you. So get back to me if it works or not.

You can try another method. In case if the above method does not work. Just open the windows registry editor. In case if you don't know how to open it then you must type regedit and hit the search button. Go to the following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Sidebar \ Settings and create a 32 bit word having dvalue say allowelevatedprocess. Double click on that and change the default value and close the registry editor.

If you are using the windows 7 then there is no panel for the gadgets the gadgets will automatically show you up. Now in the windows 7 there is some problem in the functioning. it is observed that if you keep the gadgets for a long time it will disappear on its own from the desktop. So if you think that your gadgets are missing without uninstalling it. You can find the missing gadgets you can type gadgets and instantly hit the search button. Just try it out. It can happen sometimes with windows 7.