Thread: How to make the Desktop Icons smaller than the current size

How to make the Desktop Icons smaller than the current size

I am run my system with windows 7 and the 1680 x 1050 screen resolution. I am really fed up with the icon size which appear to be large they are set at the "100%" setting below "Display" settings and can hardly fit even ten icons vertically and 20 horizontally. I am feeling this because my friend is using windows xp with a 1024 x 768 resolution and he is able to get at lest twenty vertically and fifty horizontally icons. So I am hoping Microsoft bring edition that will allow desktop icons even smaller anyone have any kind of details please let me know the same.

Re: How to make the Desktop Icons smaller than the current size

Yes you can perform the change in icon size for that you need to right click on the desktop and need to be away from the icons and choose “Personalization”. There you need to click on Windows Color and after that tick the drop down menu below the “Item” title. There you can choose the objects you want or like to modify and Icon size is amongst the items that you can alter. Other than the above you can even tried the "advanced" feature that conveys the classic control panels to customize all components of your system desktop, windows and buttons. I think both the solution provided should work for you to get the required icon size.

The Display feature in Windows 7 facilitates you to modify the text and other components such as icons of your desktop screen. You can perform this setting not including the screen resolution conversion of the display of your system using which you can enlarge or reduce the size of the text and icon as well as other components.
    You can perform it as mentioned in below steps:
    1. Firstly go to the Start menu and choice Control Panel from there.
    2. In Control Panel window just click on the display option which is there.
    3. Now you will see the display icon appearing and you need to select any option according to the problem which you are facing with icon size and organize it as per you want.
    4. When you are in the display option you will able to see lots of options about the resolution and many more.

Yes the above mentioned steps are correct but you need to follow an additional step after you enter into the display option you will able to see following options:
    • The first option will be Adjust resolution: This alternative will supply you the platform to modify the resolution settings of your desktop screen.
    • Calibrate color: It is used to regulate the color setting for display screen background.
    • Change display setting: With this option you can modify the look and experience of your desktop as well as themes which you are using.
    • Set custom text size: This option assist you to modify the windows component dimension like icon, text etc. And this is the option you need to choice in order to reduce the size of your icon on desktop.