Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dialog boxes are appearing too big, not able to access them

Windows Software

Old 01-12-2010

Dialog boxes are appearing too big, not able to access them

Having a HP Netbook with the windows XP platform, it works fine. The problem in this environment is that, some of the dialog boxes are appearing very small. I thought the problem is might be occurring for operating system, and then I instantly upgrade the machine in windows 7. Other works in the netbook are working fine. Basically the windows dialog boxes are won?t fit in the screen. I am using 1024x576 screen resolutions. Also those dialog boxes are not able to access, can?t move the dialog box. Some of them are appears like not able to click on the button which is placed in the bottom of the box. Main this is whenever I installed any software the dialog box is appearing in as big size, which is not fit in the screen, for that I can?t click on the buttons of the dialog box. Any idea on this issue? How to fix this? Nay input will appreciated greatly.

Old 01-12-2010

Re: Dialog boxes are appearing too big, not able to access them

I think this solution might be helping you some how to resize the dialog box. Go to the display setting windows in your machine and change the appearance of the display environment. Change the orientation of the screen outlay, if that is in the portrait mode then change it to landscape mode and apply the changes. As per my knowledge the landscape mode in windows 7 platform might be applicable for 10-15 minute. So make the change and do the needed operations and again replace to portrait mode. It will automatically re-change into the earlier display orientation of the machine screen. Do your task and if you forget to change that one in the earlier mode, then don’t worry it will automatic change the display mode. I don’t think so there is no permanent solution for the problem, so in every time you need to change the display environment of the screen and select the desired option to access your dialog box.

The Greatest Sig Ever
Old 01-12-2010

As per my knowledge there seems to be no solution to resize the dialog box from default size. For this you need to make change the screen appearance setting from highest to lowest. This might be help you. Double click on Title bar, this will minimize and maximize the dialog widow. Though there is no button in dialog box to maximize and minimize from the default size, and no other separate setting to change the size of dialog box. In the four edges of the dialog box window, four small boxes are present, by which you will able to drag the box. Point the mouse on the right bottom corner small edge box and drag it into your desired size. I think this is only way to resize the dialog box size on screen. If the edge box is quite close with the screen then double click on the title bar of box window and minimize that, now drag the box size.
Old 01-12-2010

The developers of the windows environment are not allowed the user to resize some of the programs, one of them is dialog box. By the same developers an option is applied which is known as ResizeEnable, by this it will might be fix. By this you can able to change the unsizeable dialog box. It is not an interface is situated in the system tray, it runs while the starts running. You need to execute the program to resize the dialog box. It works like the screen save r resize, which can be resize from the windows 7 personalize option, by right click on the desk screen. Adjust the size which is desired for you and apply to make the changes.

Last edited by Mario2 : 01-12-2010 at 05:15 PM.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,