Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Opening nrg file

Windows Software

Old 01-12-2010

Opening nrg file

I was having Microsoft windows 7 operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400. From last few days I was few up of playing counterstrike games so I downloaded some new games. The games that were downloaded were in the .nrg file format. I wanted to play the newly downloaded games and I am unaware of the steps to open this unknown file format. I need a solution describing if there is some readymade software available through which I can open .nrg files.

Old 01-12-2010

Re: Opening nrg file

Sometimes when we download games from the internet then these games are in the nrg file format. To open these nrg file format we need to download some special software that can read data from these files and open it. One of the software to open nrg files is known as “Magic ISO”. Thus by using Magic ISO you can open nrg file and it will also help you in creating or editing of old contents of a file.
Old 01-12-2010

You can use one more software known as “Alcohol 52%” for opening the nrg files. You need to download and install Alcohol 52% from the internet as it is freely available. Run the Alcohol 52% by double clicking on it. It will create a virtual CD-ROM drive in which you can add image files. Now you need to add the nrg files to it. Now select mount to mount it on the virtual drive. Now the nrg files will start to autoplay.
Old 01-12-2010

You can also use the daemon tool software to open the nrg file format. Daemon tool is easy and user friendly software to use. The daemon tool application can also open the other file format such as iso and cue. For opening the nrg files using daemon tool you don’t need to burn any CD or DVD.
Old 02-12-2010

Thanks for giving me the different software through which we can open the nrg file format. From the above given solution I have downloaded the daemon tool software but I am unaware of the steps to use it. I want a solution which will describe the steps for opening the nrg files using demon tool.
Old 02-12-2010

To use the daemon tool software for opening nrg files you need to follow the below given steps:
  1. Download and install the daemon tool software on the system.
  2. When the daemon tool window opens, right click on the daemon tool icon in the taskbar.
  3. Now you need to click on mount image by moving the mouse over Virtual CD/DVD-ROM and select device: 0.
  4. Now you need to provide the location where your nrg files are located.
  5. After browsing to the location of nrg files double click on it so that it will open in virtual drive.
  6. Now you need to select the virtual drive which was created by daemon tool.
  7. Double click on the drive and the nrg files will be mounted. Now you can open the file and utilize it.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,