Thread: Procedure to Change font text color in Windows 7

Procedure to Change font text color in Windows 7

Hey, before two month I was working on windows XP but because of some issues I have uninstalled windows XP and right now I have installed windows 7.in this I am facing some problem related to text color. I want to change icon text color. Why cannot I change the color of my desktop icon text which default color is white? Some of the wallpapers I utilize are extremely light making it not easy to read the text. I have tried the advanced option in desktop personalization but color change of the text is grayed out. So please help me out. How can I resolve this problem…

Re: Procedure to Change font text color in Windows 7

Hey even I have font color related problem. This is a very easy question but it seems the answer is not as simple as it should be. I am using a white desktop background on my Windows 7 computer but the desktop-icon text is white by means of black shadows behind it. I would like the text to be black. I have disabled "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" under Performance Options but the icon-text is still white with a black shadow behind it. So even I need help….

To change Windows fonts color in windows 7 follow this steps
    1.Open Appearance Settings by pressing the Start button after that press Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, plus then click Change window colors and metrics.
    2.In the Item list, press the part of Windows that you would like to change the font for. For example, if you would like to change the menu font, press Menu in the list. After that In the Color list, click the font color that you would like.
    3.Repeat these steps for each and every item that you would like to create changes to, in addition to then press OK.

To change whatever icons appear on your desktop just right-click on an empty portion of your desktop to bring up a menu. You be supposed to now press on the Personalize menu option. Once you hit on that option the Personalization window will come into view. Now you be supposed to press on the Change desktop icons menu option as shown by the red arrow. This will bring you to the Desktop Icon Settings screen. At this screen you be able to choose the icons that you would like to show on your desktop. In order to make it so a certain icon appears on your desktop, merely place a checkmark next to each icon that you would like. You may have also observed a checkbox labeled Allow themes to change desktop icons. If you choose this option, when you install a new Windows 7 theme, the theme is allowed to change the icon used to represent the different desktop icons. When you are done picking the icons you wish for, press on the Apply button after that press on the OK button. You will now be back at your Windows desktop plus you will see the various desktop icons that you have chosen.

Hey may this will help you out because I work properly with windows vista but I am not sure that I will work for windows 7 or not You can change the font in any part of Windows (for example, menus).
    1. Open Appearance Settings by pressing the Start button, pressing Control Panel, pressing Appearance and Personalization, pressing Personalization, after that pressing Window Color and Appearance. If you never got the Appearance Settings dialog box at the bottom of the page, hit Open classic appearance properties.
    2. Press Advanced.
    3. In the Item list, press the part of Windows where you would like to change the font. if you wish for to change the menu font, click Menu in the list.
    4. In the Color list, click the font color you wish for.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each part of Windows where you would like to change the font color, and after that hit OK.