Thread: How to defend Microsoft Access 2007 database from copying

How to defend Microsoft Access 2007 database from copying

I am always working in Microsoft Access 2007 or on the other hand I can say that my complete work is done in Microsoft Access 2007. Therefore I would like to defend my Access 2007 database for not copy and resell it. Because there are so many important data are there in my Microsoft Access 2007. Let me know how to perform that in access.

Re: How to defend Microsoft Access 2007 database from copying

There is truly many more you necessitate to do at this point. You necessitate making available a few way of locking the database, after that utilizing a license key to release it. The key wants to be attached to the user so they cannot allocate it to others. There are third party suppliers which sell tools to do this. In adding, except this is a single user application which you will sell and not recall, it wants to be split into front ends and back ends.

My suggestion would be to compile your application into an MDE or ACCDE format. Saving your database as an MDE or ACCDE file stops the below actions:
    1. The user interface for adjusting or making forms, reports, or modules will be immobilized.
    2. The VBA References dialog box will not permit adding, deleting, or altering references to object libraries or databases.
    3. The source code will not be obtainable.
    4. The importing and exporting instructions will be immobilized for forms, reports, or modules. On the other hand, tables, queries, data access pages, and macros can be imported from or exported to non-MDE databases.

I also require the similar information. I just see your post and in truth thanks and let me attempt that and observe how it works. So is this one doing not permit the user to copy the database as well in case they wish to resell it. I think I did attempt in Access 2007 to create a MDE file and it provides me a message saying you have to exchange the database either in Access 2000 or 2003. Is this accurate or I am doing something incorrect. Thanks and let me be acquainted with soon. Be thankful for your speedy respond.

So how is this going to assist the innovative poster while he has to provide the password to the users for them to Access the database? As well what is the use of containing a password if it can be broken down so effortlessly by an external helpfulness? Without a doubt why the link to just the one utility? I am certain there are others? Do you put up for sale that exacting utility?

Tools accessible from sites can crack any technique you make use of to amass a future date anywhere on a system such as in the registry or a file; except it is encrypted. But even then if you remove the date from wherever it is stored your application may think it is just installed. Therefore I favor to limit the number of records in one key table such as 5 components or 50 volunteers but permit limitless access for everything else. One time I get paid after that I email them an encrypted file holding the number of records they are licensed for also their company name which goes on the base of each page of each report and normally used forms.