Thread: How to convert image text into a text file

How to convert image text into a text file

I am having many tiff images, to be more precise images with text on it. Now the thing is that I want to covert this image text into normal text. I am searching for a method through which I can copy paste all the image text in to normal text. I have heard about some kind of ocr (Optical character reorganization) software utility that can be used for this purpose. But the problem is that I am not having clear idea about it. So I need information related to this OCR software utility and which is the best for my use. I will be waiting for the related solution for this problem.

Re: How to convert image text into a text file

I was thinking that it was funny but there are people who want to know about the same thing that I want to know. That is the program that can convert a jpeg image into a text file. I have a document that I want to send by fax. I have this scan is only there in a jpeg file before. This file cannot ship with the windows fax software. Do you know what a program can be used for solving this type of problem. It is indeed a scanned document that contains can only be added to non fax software

You can use Free OCR software utility. If you scan a text, for example of a book, but want to modify the text and not because you can scan the image, the solution to your problem is some OCR software, which is a type of program for optical character recognition, is that of its derivative OCR (Optical character recognition), because it draws an image, the characters that make up a text to be stored in a format which can interact with text editing programs such as MS Word. Now probably you wonder which use OCR program, most of these programs are paid, but there is a free and very good I am going to recommend, it is FreeOCR.net, which allows you to convert any text you have scanned image or you have, the only inconvenient is that by default comes configured the English language, and if you want this thing in any other language then you have to buy the package for that and then program will want to correct spelling according to your requirement.

There are many online applications that can be used for optical character reorganization. One is Photo2Text that I normally use for converting image text to normal text. It is a web application which can convert quickly and easily any image to text, with characters ASCII, such as when the first computers did not yet have the graphical power of today. Technique also known as ASCII art, even call it that if done manually. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. If you have any issue then let me know about that I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Actually I was also facing similar kind of issues hence I have downloaded Vituel Image Printer, with which I am still not comfortable (because I am pretty new to computers) but I will try to tweak. I went on the page to download PDFCreator and I think I am wrong because I chose PDFSuite 2010, trial and this trial version can only be used for only two weeks. In short I do not want any paid solution to resolve the problem that I am facing but need to have free resource. If there any solution that can be used for free then please let me know about the same.

Sorry to say this but as far as I know there are only paid solution for the problem that you are facing. You can use the trial software for completing the works. And if you are having large quantity of work then have go for the paid solutions. This is just an advice from my side, but you can continue you search for the free software utility, there are chances that you can find the solution as per your requirement.