Thread: Unable to register RICHTX32.OCX in WINDOWS 7

Unable to register RICHTX32.OCX in WINDOWS 7

I have recently upgraded my computer from Windows XP to 7 and since then I am having problem. I am unable to register RICHTX32.OCX. I go to the command prompt by running it as administrator and then I type "regsvr32.exe %systemroot%\system32\RICHTX32.OCX". When I execute the command I get the message which says it failed to load. Either the file is not present or there is some problems associated with this file. I don't understand what is the cause of this problem and how can I solve it. Can you help me please?

Re: Unable to register RICHTX32.OCX in WINDOWS 7

This kind of problem occurs if you don't have ActiveX installer service running on your computer. So all you have to do is install the ActiveX installer service in Windows 7 computer and then enable this service from Services. This isn't come installed along with Windows 7 installation package, you have to install it explicitly. However, you can install it through Windows Components.

This problem can be curable and to do this you have to configure and register the library file. All you need to do is download and install the RICHTX32.OCX file from internet. To be on the safe side, move the current file to a new location (may be on USB drive), and save the new file copy on C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Now go to the command prompt and re-register the file using the below command:

regsvr32 \windows\system32\RICHTX32.OCX

If you get the message which says "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded", you are done with the operation.

I suppose the problem lies somewhere else. May be your computer is infected with some virus or spyware or adware or some other malicious software. Did you scanned your computer with a good and updated antivirus software? Did you find anything malicious that can solve your problem? I would recommend you to go for MalwareBytes and try to fix the issue. If this doesn't solve your problem then you can even repair your Windows installation to ensure this is not the problem of corrupted Windows. You may be asked for Windows installation disk to perform this action. But if that can solve your problem then it is well and good, isn't it?