Thread: How many computers can run office 2007 pro license

How many computers can run office 2007 pro license

I have bought Office 2007 Pro from a nearby shop. I just want to know on how many computers can I run this license of Office 2007 Pro. I have three computers at my place. One is laptop and two other are desktop computers. I want to ask if I can run the same license on these three computers or do I have to buy another license for each computer or something similar. If this license will not work on all of the computer then is there any other way to get it? I hope you understand my question and I will be waiting for your prompt reply.

Re: How many computers can run office 2007 pro license

So basically you are asking for the installation and use rights, isn't it? This right tells you that the number of computers that can run this office suite. In general, an OEM copy of Office 2007 pro is licensed for installation only on the computer that the software came with, and a retail-box copy of Office 2007 pro is licensed for installation on one desktop and one laptop owned by the same person. So, in short, you can install Office 2007 on 2 computers in all provided you are the owner of the computers. If you want to install Office 2007 Pro on the third computer, then you have to purchase another license for the software. There is no need of getting the whole package once again, just the license will do.

But I have already purchased the product and I don't know what copy of Office I am having. Is there someway I can know which copy I am having? Or if it is not required then is it possible to directly know about my office suite if it is possible to know on how many computer can it be used? I would prefer to know about the later case since I am least concerned about the license copy that I have.

Microsoft Software License Terms defines the legal conditions under which you can use your software. You can check out this license terms by inserting the installation disk on one of your computer and then going through the setup phase. Here you will have a window where you are given a check box which states "I accept the terms of this agreement". Click on the above check box and click on the Continue button. Complete the installation procedure and make sure everything goes proper. Now to get to the Microsoft Software License Terms for your product after it is installed, click on the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. Click Resources, and then click About. Click View the Microsoft Software License Terms.

According to the license terms, you can install and use Office 2007 Pro license on only one computer which is termed as licensed. It really doesn't matter on which computer you have installed your Office suite and made it licensed. However, if you want then you can also install the same license on a portable media which you can use on innumerable computer provided the same person is using the device on all the other computers. But if you are the main user of your one computer and some one else is the main user of another computer than the office 2007 pro installation is not at all possible since that goes against Microsoft license and doing so may attract legal notice to you.