Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is there any limitation on computers for installing Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Academic

Windows Software

Old 30-11-2010

Is there any limitation on computers for installing Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Academic

I am going to purchase Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Academic from Microsoft but there are certain question that hits my mind before going for that. The main concerned for me is that I don't want to purchase the package more than one. I don't want to get this software for everyone in the family. Is this possible? Is there any special package of this software which I can share with my family? Can I install same software package on more than one computer? Does this differ on license terms? Please help!

Old 30-11-2010

Re: Is there any limitation on computers for installing Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Academic

Which copy are you going to buy, retail or OEM? If it is a retail license then you will not be able to install it on more than one computer. You may, however, install it on a portable drive so that you can use the package on more than one computer. If, however, you still try to install it on more than one computer then you are going against the license. But, on the contrary, if you are going to purchase the OEM license then you can install it on unlimited number of computers in your home or organization.
Old 30-11-2010

Re: Is there any limitation on computers for installing Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Academic

Yes you may install Office 2010 Professional Academic on your computers as long as you are the only user of the computer. This clearly indicates that you can install it on any computer which belongs to you, but not anyone else (this includes your family members). It is important to know that the EULA (EULA is the license agreement) allows you to install the Office on all of your computers. But you may not just do that on someone else PC. So for example you can install a retail copy on your desktop and laptop computer but this doesn't mean that you could install it on other desktop computer. That becomes illegal.
Old 30-11-2010

The Office 2010 Professional Academic edition can be installed on 2 home computers provided you are the owner of the computer on which you have installed, otherwise it can only be installed on 1 computer. If you have any promotional version of the package than I am not sure about it. I think it should also be installable only on 1 computer. If you are looking for an edition which can be installed on more than this number of computers than you have to buy a Full Packaged Product that includes a disc and more flexible license terms.
Old 30-11-2010

It is very difficult to determine the answer to your problem. I would recommend you to consult about the same with Microsoft support team. They will surely explain you about the product before you purchase the product from them. And why you are so worried about the license term. You can see about it on the product itself when you visit the place from where you will be purchasing the product. And this is how any product is sold, where the supplier explains about the product and then the customer decides whether he/she wants to purchase the product or not. You can also do that and make your decision. If you don't like the product then you can also ask for an alternative over there.
Old 01-12-2010

But why are you so concerned about the product. If you are unable to install it on more than one computer then you can even go for OpenOffice which is completely free on internet. You can download and install it on your computer without any worry. Moreover, it can be installed on any number of computer and you don't have to pay a single penny for this. And since the software is safe and secure, you don't have to worry about data loss or theft. It doesn't comes with any spyware/adware or any such malware. Just give it a try and if you don't like it then you can, at any time, switch to the one you want.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,