Thread: Outlook 2010 and POP3 problems

Outlook 2010 and POP3 problems

Hello everybody, following facts: My 'own documents is synchronized with my SBS 2003. In Outlook 2010 I set up an Exchange account. Now I would like to add a POP3. Outlook 2010 now creates a folder in your "own documents" on who is called "Outlook files into that folder and the POP3 account is shipped. are only with me by the bond with my small business server and the synchronization so that the "Private Documents" but not locally on the server, so is also the most of Outlook 2010 folders created from server. I find no way to POP3 move so that it is stored locally? e.g. under c: \ \ Users \ name \ AppData \ local \ Microsoft \ outlook?? If I begin this file from my network drive to copy the above path (by hand), can access Outlook 2010 NOT? What can I do?

Re: Outlook 2010 and POP3 problems

The limited permissions can have the consequence that you do not see any hidden files or copy and can not access your account (which is hidden on c) actually it would operate as follows: File -> Add new account -> server settings or additional server types configured manually -> Internet E-Mail Here you now give to all the data needed. But please remember not to put their heels in "New Outlook Data File This data file is now stored on the server first. Then you have to get this data file from the server and copy them to you on the local computer. Now you go back into Outlook, click File -> Change Account Settings - -> Account Settings> Data Files This would now have your new account to see if you did everything correctly. This new account Mackie and then you go to Settings. Here you can now the path with "file" to change the file that is on your local computer. Now it should all really work the way you want it.

Thanks again for the info. One more question about it. Should I get the file created directly from the server, or is it enough if I'm in the "Private Documents" - folder "Outlook files" cut and paste it into a local folder? Just wondering why, since as stated above, the "Private documents" to be synchronized with the server?

You seem to be the only one here who can help us. I'm writing now registered again. The guest who is there to help us, my SysAdmin! We urgently need this POP3 account locally as in previous versions of Outlook, as this transition is on the Exchange server is a crap and very harmful to the performance is! I would like to switch back to Outlook 2003, because there is no such a problem that Outlook creates a file in the "My Documents" on its own. It's just us so that we can sync the "My Documents" with the SBS 2003. Please help us continue to get us to a viable solution. This provides and related to this my opinion are as follows: Exchange and two POP3 mailboxes, but the local!

Yes there is. You go back to the settings and then click the Mail tab. Now you check the account to be changed and click below "Change Folder. In the next window, click on "New Outlook Data File ..." Next window: Maki Outlook file file and "OK" In the next window you pick the location and rename the file. (Remember the name). Confirm all and end close and Outlook. Now you have to replace the files yet. Server - (rename the Favourite name)> Local. It may be that it does not work the same. Then just wait or reboot. Now it should work