Thread: Mouse wheel does not work properly in forms of Access 2007

Mouse wheel does not work properly in forms of Access 2007

I presently upgraded from Office XP. In this program, rolling my mouse wheel enthused through the records being viewed in my form. How do I set in motion the mouse wheel to perform this in Access 2007? I got as far as form properties or Expression Builder but did not discover what I was appearing for. So please someone provide me this and also help me to know about why this may occur.

Re: Mouse wheel does not work properly in forms of Access 2007

The mouse scroll wheel performance was deliberately distorted in Access 2007 to decrease user confusion. In earlier versions, there were examples where the scroll wheel would scroll the scroll bar and others where it would find the way records. The scroll wheel performance is at the present reliable and only scrolls the scroll bar. There is no property to alter this behavior. In addition, there were a lot of, many queries about how to put out of action the mouse wheel performance for forms which led to this choice. Users can include in their Access applications to turn it off.

I have some code which may help you to sort out your mouse wheel problem in Access 2007. Just insert the following code to the form’s On Mouse Wheel event procedure:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_MouseWheel(ByVal Page As Boolean, ByVal Count As Long) 
      If Not Me.D Then 
          If (Count < 0) And (Me.CR > 1) Then 
              DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acPrevious 
          ElseIf (Count > 0) And (Me.CR <= Me.Recordset.RecordCount) Then 
              DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext 
          End If 
      Else 
          MsgBox "The record has distorted. Save the present record earlier than moving to an additional record." 
      End If 
    End Sub
    You will have to regulate the code over if your form does not permit additions or is read only. It presumes you can scroll to a new record. You would only require regulating the state in the Else If statement. If the record has been restructured, you will likely wish to force the user to save the record sooner than scrolling. That was one of the major causes for this alters. Users would scroll the mouse wheel and automatically and without warning save their changes to their record.

I cannot scroll through records like I was earlier allowable to in Access 2003; the mouse wheel has no function in 2007. While I attempted to make use of the over recommendation to enter the code into the event of "on MouseWheel" I establish that "on mousewheel" was not a choice. I have "On Mouse Up", "On Mouse Down", "On Mouse Move" and that is it. I have seemed all through and it is just not there. If there is a method for me to generate it and after that input the event code that would be immense.

The scroll wheel has been operational astonishingly or wonderfully for my system which is as stated underneath in access 2007 though, I have a few users which have been updated and are still by means of 2003. At the moment the trouble for the users by means of 2003 is while they make use of the scroll wheel it goes through two records in its place of one. Is there a method to fix this for them or will they have to deal with it awaiting they do get updated.

My most excellent guess is that because the mouse wheel performance is dissimilar between the versions, 2007 requirements the code sergioKomic added above and 2003 does not require the code. My suggestion would be to contain two separate front ends, one for your 2003 users and another for your 2007 users. If that is not an alternative or choice, I would say annoying to obtain all users on the similar version of Access would be the most excellent resolution.