Thread: Unable to open the SharePoint 2007

Unable to open the SharePoint 2007

He friends, Mine Company has hosted the SharePoint environment with the help of the sharepoints.com. when I upgraded to the Office 2010, I was unable to open the documents with this site, either by clicking the document link and selecting read only or edit or by selecting the drop down, edit in word or excel etc. the only I has found is to select the drop down then send after that I download the copy. I can then make my edits and re-upload the document; however this is a lot of extra steps and added cleanup on the site. Is there any good suggestion for it?

Re: Unable to open the SharePoint 2007

Have you get the error code when you try to open the document from your SharePoint 2007 server? To remove these errors try to do this trick: first go to the internet explorer or any web browser you use. It will be good if you have the internet Explorer version 8. In that open the Tools, in tools go to the Internet options, go at Connection option now, in that LAN setting and uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings. After performing this step close your Internet Explorer and restart your system and then try again whether you open the Share Point 2007.

On to the computer if you are getting such error, try to run the built-in Microsoft Office Diagnostics utility. To get it first go to the Start windows menu, from that go to accessories, in it click at the Microsoft Office, in it click at the Microsoft Office Tools, in that you will get the option of the Microsoft Office Diagnostics. I had experienced the SharePoint error on most of the computers, when we try to open the word or the Excel documents. But after running the MS Office Diagnostics utility it has fixed this problem. it will help you fix your issue.

To solve this issue, first close all the application that is being on at your system. After that open the Internet Explorer windows or the other web browser you have. Click on to the Tools, from tools go at the Internet options, you will get the connection Tab, in connection Tab click on to the LAN settings. In LAN settings check that use a proxy server for your LAN; these settings does not apply on to the dial-up or the VPN connections. It should be the Proxy Server. Enter 127.0.0.1 for the address, click at the Advanced menu now. In that Exceptions type: *.*. Now lastly click OK three times to close all the three dialog boxes. Now this settings allows you to open the documents from the SharePoint 2007. it will happen for all the Microsoft Office documents.

Try out this step to open the Share point. First run one of the Office applications such as the Word or the Excel. Now in that go to the file menu and then select options, in that option dialog select the trust center in to the left panel. Now click on to the trust center settings in the right panel. In that select the protected view in the left panel of the Trust Center dialog. Disable all the protected views options as below by ticking the check box.
    o Enable Protected View for files that fail validation
    o Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet
    o Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
    o Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments"