Thread: Microsoft Access 2010: crashes when importing a database file

Microsoft Access 2010: crashes when importing a database file

Having a Dell Inspiron laptop with the windows vista platform, installed the Microsoft office 2010tool application in the machine. Which was working fine till the last days, the problem is regarding the Microsoft Access database tool, whenever I tried to open any database file, the database tool application is crashed with the error that the file type is not a compatible with the application version, whereas the same file is open perfectly with the Access 2007 and 2003 version. what should I do now? Any suggestion on this?

Re: Microsoft Access 2010: crashes when importing a database file

This sounds as the software issue, so I suggest you to repair the database application. For that simply first of all insert the installation disk and then reboot the machine. Double click on the installer file and fro the installation window, select repair option. This will direct you as like the fresh installation process. Choose all the appropriate onscreen instructions to complete the process. Reboot the machine after the completion of repair option and try to execute the database file where you earlier get the error message.

I suggest you to once rename the file with the .mdb extension or create a new one and try to import the database file manually, for that go to file menu option and choose Get External Data option, select the database file and click on import. This is for checking whether there is any issue with the database file or not. If it does not have any issue then I recommend you to make the entire file in .mdb extension and then try to execute them. Otherwise the only way to resolve this issue is by re-install the database application. You can also try by update the MDAC, you can fix this problem(importing or exporting) by the specific drivers which is cause for the problem.

I have recently installed the Microsoft Access 200701verison for my BCA project purpose, the issue with that is whenever I try to access any database file, first of all it takes few minute to open the mdb file and then suddenly crashes during the import of file. Not able to access any database file. I am a beginner in this line, so I am not having any deep knowledge about database application or about the problem with the database application. My Acer laptop is compatible with windows XP platform, and installed the database application just few days back. Why this problem is occurring with this type problem any one suggest me. Any input on this problem will be very grateful for me.