Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7: how to Disable Access 2007 Sandbox Mode in Registry

Windows Software

Old 29-11-2010

Windows 7: how to Disable Access 2007 Sandbox Mode in Registry

Having a HP Compaq laptop with the windows 7 platform. Installed Microsoft office 2007 application tool in my laptop, using the outlook for basically the official mail sending and receiving. Yesterday I tried to make the macro security level of Microsoft access database. But during the operation it flashes a message that only the function of it are considered as safe to allowed in the expression while the Access is in the sand box mode. I checked the windows registry which is looks like something different. Now I am willing to disable the Microsoft Access 2007 Sandbox Mode from my windows 7 registry editor. But don?t know how. So if is there anyone having any idea on this, suggest me.

Old 29-11-2010

Re: Windows 7: how to Disable Access 2007 Sandbox Mode in Registry

I had the similar issue with the Microsoft access 2007 and after searching a deep for the solution for this, I had a simple process for disabling the sandbox mode in my windows vista registry. So I suggest you to go through this process, it might be also works in the windows 7 environment. First of all close the instance of the Microsoft Access tool from your machine background. Go to start menu search option and then enter into Accessories under All programs, type and insert “regedit” in the search option line and hit on ENTER. Look for the folder in registry editor HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, expand this and navigate it with “\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines” registry key. In the right panel double click on the “Sandbox Mode”. Change the value in the window, make the value 3 instead of 2 and click on OK. Exit from the registry editor. Follow this; it will disable the sandbox mode of Microsoft Access 2007.
Old 29-11-2010

I am not familiar with the sand box mode of Microsoft access database application. Whereas whenever open Access database application window and execute any file to execute, access is not allowed to terminate the file. I use this database application for only my official purpose. Regarding the Microsoft documentation this is the usual database application. I tried to stop the sand box mode from the registry editor, but don’t having the actual idea to do this operation. Can any one give me any suggestion regarding this?
Old 29-11-2010

The micro security of the Access 2003 should be low while you are trying to disable the sand box mode of Access database application. For that just open the application window and then proceed to Tool menu bar option and from there go to Security under Macro option and set the mode in low, click on OK. I suggest you to another way to solve the issue by turning off the sandbox mode (macro setting) of the Access database. For that go to the Tool menu option and then proceed to Macros and the go to security option, choose the Low Security Level from the security window. Now close and open the data base. Possible by turning off this mode all the processes will be stored in the safe mode list.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,