Thread: How to make Outlook 2010 reading or preview pane zoom pervasive

How to make Outlook 2010 reading or preview pane zoom pervasive

I am really impressed by the several great features of outlook 2010 Beta. But the current 2010 release version still lacking in some of important features I think. I assume that you have already noticed this things if you are a regular outlook user. My interest in outlook 2010 is to have the Zoom feature which is usable in the reading appetizer pane keep on at a position zoom level. I used this in Beta but I couldn’t find it in current release outlook 2010. Has anyone know about this setting in the current 2010 version? If you are still using this feature please provide me the tips to make it enable in mine too.

Re: How to make Outlook 2010 reading or preview pane zoom pervasive

The beta version has this feature and in that when you set the reading window to bottom or right, the zoom control on the base right of the screen appears to be active. It is still not the persistent feature but it allows you to very easily zoom the unreadable email. I think that this feature is not included in the release version. In order to zoom the window you have set the desktop properties or can use control + mouse scroll to zoom the current windows. The inbuilt feature is not available in outlook 2010.

What you are currently saying is you need a feature that only affects preview pane not the whole reading pane. I think that this attribute has been changed and it will be helpful if they add it back to the next release. Now you current issue is regarding the font size being determined across all message observed in the reading pane. Now to solve this issue you have only option left. You can either use the slider to resize or use the mouse wheel +control key for zooming and un-zooming.

I think that you can enable the feature of zooming on reading panel of messages.
    • Just like on Office 2007 programs. Right-click on the status bar which will pop-up a list of menu.
    • There choose the appropriate options (zoom, Zoom slider)
    • On the bottom right of the status bar you can see some interesting options like zoom slider, percentage number, Views etc.
    • Slider will zoom in or zoom out the sight on the reading/preview windowpane.
    • For recognizable Word Zoom dialog box click on the percentage number
    • The next icons on the left of the percentage are ‘Normal’ and ‘Reading’ view.
    • Normal view is one which you are currently using or watching and Reading view disintegrate the To Do list, folder list and People Pane parting the list of messages and reading/preview pane.

The good thing a thing about Microsoft Outlook is being capable to rapidly set off through all of my inbox emails while analyzing them concurrently on the same panel. But, with the default Outlook settings anyone on less than 22 inches screen will affect the reading capability. For this issue click the View ribbon in Outlook 2010 and then Reading Pane button. A drop list will appear with 3 options- Right, Bottom (default) and Off. Here choose right option to set the reading pane to right of the screen. The reading pane displayed on the right, which on most current displays takes benefit of the widescreen resolution.