Thread: Daemon tool fails to startup error under windows 7

Daemon tool fails to startup error under windows 7

I am having Microsoft windows 7 operating system installed on my laptop. I have downloaded daemon tool for mounting the image files. After the successful installation of daemon tool when I double click on the daemon tool icon from the desktop to launch it, it gives me an error message of “SPTD driver”. I need a solution to overcome this problem.

Re: Daemon tool fails to startup error under windows 7

To mount the ISO files i.e. image files we use daemon tool. The installation of daemon tool performs the installation of SPTD drivers. If you have installed daemon tool and it fails to open then there might be an issue of SPTD driver. If you are getting the error message of SPTD driver then you need to simply update the SPTD driver by downloading and installing the latest SPTD driver from the official website. After the installation of SPTD driver you can use daemon tool application.

After updating SPTD driver to the latest version if you still get an error of SPTD driver then there might be compatibility issue with between BIOS and your SPTD driver. To resolve this issue you may need to contact SPTD driver developer and report this problem to them. SPTD developer team will then resolve the issue of SPTD driver and fix this problem.

If the daemon tool application fails at the start up in windows 7 then in that case you need to uninstall the daemon tool from the add/remove programs in the control panel. After uninstalling the daemon tool, restart the system. After the system starts up follow the below steps:
    1. Download and install the daemon tool software from the official website.
    2. Run the install program by browsing across the location where you want to save it.
    3. Follow the screen prompts and accept the license agreement to continue the installation.
    4. After setup is completed restart your system to finish the setup.

Thanks for giving me the solution and from the above given solution I have successfully downloaded and installed the latest versions of SPTD driver. After updating the SPTD driver my SPTD error was resolved. Also can I have some steps so that I can use daemon tool carefully without any error.

Below are the steps to use daemon tool
    1. Suppose that you have downloaded and installed daemon tool on your system. Right click on the disk image in the toolbar. Now you need to select daemon tool panel.
    2. Select the spiked circle icon which is the fourth icon from the left. Now change the integration preference, click on select all and then press on apply button.
    3. From the left select the disk drive icon. Now take your mouse over the device 0 and select mount image. To mount image you need to go to the location where your image files is stored and press the open button. The image will be mounted immediately. If the image is not mounted then you can go to start/my computer, double click the daemon tool virtual drive, typically "E:" or "F:" drive letter.
    4. If you want to create an image file then insert the CD or DVD in your drive. Now click on the second icon from the daemon tool window. Now change the destination image file by clicking on “…” button. Select save file type as “ISO or MDS” and then click on save button. The image will be created and saved in the destination folder.