Thread: Import Messages to Outlook 2007 or higher Beta version From Entourage 2008

Import Messages to Outlook 2007 or higher Beta version From Entourage 2008

I have been using outlook 2007 ever since it came to market. I am also using a Macbook Pro which has Entourage 2008. Now I am planning to move from outlook 2007 to 2010. Now my problem is I have important messages in Entourage 2008 and when I go to export those mails it should be saved in the .rge format. How can I make it compatible to Outlook 2007 or later version Beta? They all use .pst format and I don’t know how to save it in PST format or file. Please provide me some help for moving from Entourage 2008 . rge format to Outlook .pst format. Good solution will be much appreciated.

Re: Import Messages to Outlook 2007 or higher Beta version From Entourage 2008

I had tried to use Outlook 2011 Beta to import a PST file and I didn’t make it. The PST was larger than I thought and I didn’t get any error message while importing. Later I found that it is not possible to switch back or front to outlook for PC and MAC. In case you have successfully imported PST into outlook, the messages will be going to store in the local repository on your Mac. I think that these stored messages are not easily manageable. The main thing is that the outlook 2011 for Mac cannot use the .pst format like PC to store messages. The best thing you can do right now is use parallels or VMWare and install a Windows OS for MAC to make things easier.

When importing anything either messages or contacts from Entourage 2008 to Outlook 2011 the entire PST folder loses its structure and everything will be imported to a single inbox which is not always wanted. This is because the outlook 2011 released in late 2010 so this kind of feature is not available yet. But the best alternative option to move the messages to outlook from Entourage is the use of Exchange account.

There is an easy way to import the messages from Outlook to Entourage on MAC. But I don’t think that this procedure will work on all versions of Outlook and Entourage. You need it to find out by yourself.
    • Make sure that you still have Outlook installed on PC
    • Then download and install Thunderbird for PC.
    • Launch Thunderbird and import all or selected email from Outlook
    • On PC, copy the Profiles folder in C:/Documents and Settings/ (your name)/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/(some goop of numbers and letters) to Mac.
    • On the Mac side, open Mail.app and import from Thunderbird .You can see your imported messages as new mail box on the side bar labeled as "Imported."
    • Now Open Entourage 2008 and import from Apple Mail. Select only the definite folder you desire to import

Outlook uses a .pst file format which is not easily predictable by other programs. To make import easier refer my instructions given below
    • Install browser on MAC which has email option as well
    • In that Mail, select Import mails. Select Entourage from the subsequent dialog box and your its email will be imported
    • Now find the imported files in the MAC and save them as .pst extension
    • Copy the .pst files to the desktop on your Windows PC/
    • Then on PC itself drag each .pst icon for file from the desktop to Outlook and click Import on the dialog box which may appear.