Thread: RAR password recovery

RAR password recovery

I am having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my laptop. Few days before only I have taken an internet connection for chatting and playing online games. I use winrar software for encrypting files or software so that they must not be corrupted due to virus attack. I have encrypted a file with winrar software and for security purpose I have given it a password. I don’t remember the password. I want to solution to recover my password and also the steps to change the rar password.

Re: RAR password recovery

You can recover the password of a rar file very easily by making use of “Rar Password Recovery” software. You need to download and install Rar Password Recovery on your system. Double click on Rar Password Recovery icon located on the desktop to launch it. Click on open button on the top of Rar Password Recovery window. Select the rar file for which you have forgotten the password. Click on start button in the right of Open button of the Rar Password Recovery window. Now the Rar Password Recovery will start to find the password of the rar file.

Suppose that you have encrypted a file using winrar software and have set the password for it. If you have don’t remember the password and you want to recover your password then you need to find the below steps to recover the rar password.
    1. Download and install RAR Password Cracker from the internet.
    2. Launch the RAR Password Cracker by double clicking on it and click "Load RAR Archive".
    3. After selecting load achieve browse to the location of encrypted archive.
    4. Select a file from the archive and click "Add to Project", then click on next button.
    5. Select "Brute Force Attack" and click on next button. Set a "Maximal length", the maximum numbers of characters you think are in the password, and a charset, which is the character the password, is likely to use.
    6. Click on next and then click on finish button. Password will be recovered.

You can change the password of a rar file for which there is already an password very easily. Select the rar file and right click on it. From the menu option select extract all. Enter the password for the rar file into the dialog box that appears. When you have entered the password click on the finish button. Press the ok button from the window that appears. This will tell winrar that you want to extract contents of the archive to a folder located in the same directory. The folder will be having same name as the archive. Right click on the newly created folder and then click on add to archive. Click on advanced tab and now select set password. Enter the password and click on ok button to add this content to the folder with the same name. The newly created archive will be having same password as to your previously archive.

Thanks for giving me the solution. I applied the above given solution and it helped me in recovering me the password of the rar file. My rar files got opened but they were damaged. Is there any solution or software available to repair the damaged rar file so that I can overcome this problem?

While browsing across the internet we often download rar files. When we try to open these downloaded rar files they sometimes display an error message such as "Unexpected end of file" or "CRC checks failure". To repair the damaged rar file you can use the Recovery Toolbox for RAR. Recovery Toolbox for RAR is an open source software available which is a tool that has the capability to repair your damaged or corrupted rar files and it has been designed to be used with rar files only.

Aviva Guest

according to my own experience, I suggest you using RAR Password Recovery 5.0

RAR Password Recovery 5.0 recovers passwords for RAR archives created with WinRAR, RAR or any other RAR-compatible software. This software is easy to install and easy to use. All you need to do to recover your password is just to drag and drop your file to the program window.