Thread: After installing Microsoft office 2003 on windows 7 all the components work except Outlook

After installing Microsoft office 2003 on windows 7 all the components work except Outlook

I have recently installed windows 7 home edition OS on my computer and I have also successfully installed Microsoft office 2003. The operating system is working perfect without any problem and even all the software’s on the computer are working perfect, but the only problem is that Outlook 2003 is not working. The computer on which I have installed is the OS and the outlook is brand new as I have just purchased it before the 10 days. I am not able to understand the why the problem is only with the outlook. Is the problem in the outlook or it is in the operating system? Does anyone there is facing the same problem with the outlook. If you have any idea regarding this issue, please try to help me out .Thanks.

re: After installing Microsoft office 2003 on windows 7 all the components work except Outlook

I have gone through you problem and I will like to suggest you a solution for solving that issue. I will advise you to start the outlook in the safe mode, because if you will start the outlook in the safe mode then all the add-ons will get disabled and it will allow you to test whether any add-ons are creating this problem with the outlook. So for doing that you will have to go through the steps which I am providing here. First go to the start. Inside the start goes to the search and in the search type run, then you will have to select the run from the list. After doing that now you have to type “Outlook.exe /safe” and then click on OK. Note that there is one space between the Outlook.exe and /safe. Doing this will allow you to run the outlook in the safe mode. So try it out and see what difference you get after doing that. Hope have helped you.

re: After installing Microsoft office 2003 on windows 7 all the components work except Outlook

Even I am facing problem after installing the outlook 2003 on my windows 7 OS. Before this I was making the use of the windows XP and the same outlook and on that OS it was working fine. Why it is not working with the win 7? I have gone through one article and in that article it was mentioned that this problem can occur due to the add-ons in outlook 2003. So how can I disable the add-ons in my outlook? I don’t have any idea regarding it. If you have any knowledge related with the disabling of add-ons, and then try to post it here. Please help.
    Last edited by Willi; 27-11-2010 at 04:20 PM.

I will like to provide you a simple method for disabling the add-ons in outlook. First go to the tools option. Inside tools go to “options”. Then go to Advanced Options. Here you will find an option for “Add-in manager” and you have to just uncheck all the add-ons. You will also require clicking on COM Add-ins and here also you have to uncheck all add-ins. One you will do this now try to test you outlook 2003. I hope that you will not face any problem from now.

Re: After installing Microsoft office 2003 on windows 7 all the components work except Outlook

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the solution of running the outlook in the safe mode and after doing that I founded that the problem was occurring due to the add-ons. So I had implemented the solution of disabling the add-ons given by sonic. After doing that, now my problem is being solved out and now even the outlook is working well without any problem. I have solved my problem only because of you help, so for this help I will like to thank you.