Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-11-2010

Troubleshooting ?Can?t open .xlsx file? in Vista

I am having Microsoft windows vista operating system installed on my laptop. I have installed Microsoft office 2007 setup on my laptop but while opening excel files on my laptop I am getting an error message such as ?Can?t open this file.? I tried to open it with another way i.e. double clicking the file but cannot double click. I want a solution to solve this problem of opening excel file and double clicking problem.
Old 29-11-2010

Re: Troubleshooting ?Can?t open .xlsx file? in Vista

If you are using Microsoft offices 2007 on your system then you need to do the following things so that excel files can be opened.
  1. Go to the start button on the desktop and then select Microsoft office 2007.
  2. In the Microsoft office 2007, select Excel Options. After selecting excel option excel dialog box will be displayed.
  3. Click on advanced at the left side of the dialog box.
  4. In the general section, you need to check the check box next to the Ignore Other Applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
  5. Click on ok button. Now select the excel file and double click on it. The excel file will be opened.
Old 29-11-2010

While trying to open excel file, you may be facing problem so to fix this problem there is a solution. Go to start button on the desktop and click on run window to open it. in the run window type the following command :
Code:
excel /unregserver
and press the enter key.
Code:
excel /regserver
and again hit the enter key. The /unregserver & /regserver command will reset the windows registry to excel factory default and you can open your excel files easily.
Old 29-11-2010

I'm no expert but these are temporary files that disappear at the first opportunity, but you want to ruin the morale, I think it's not possible. It may seem obvious to some but it saves a document from its inception and regularly to avoid problems like this. I manage to retrieve data from Word into Excel but I want them back in an intermediate object for further processing before displaying it in Excel.
Old 30-11-2010

Thanks for providing me the solution. By applying the above given solution I have solved the problem of double clicking. Now I can double click on any excel file and it will be opened. While surfing across the internet last night there was virus attack on my system due to which my excel files were corrupted. I need a solution to recover my corrupted excel files.
Old 30-11-2010

You can recover your corrupted excel files by using a software called as ?Recovery Toolbox for Excel?. It is a special utility or tool which can quickly restore damaged Microsoft Excel files. Also it will prevent user from avoiding loss of important data most often processed using spreadsheets, such as statistical, economic, science information, etc. Recovery Toolbox for Excel will scan the selected excel file and gets all available information from it. Some data can be lost if the file is seriously damaged, but if the program can recover information it will recover and show it. It can also recover a from a damaged folder.
Old 22-02-2012

I too suffered from the same problem...and was really worried beacause they were very important for me but I then got to know about the Ms Excel Xlsx Repair tool from SysInfoTools....it really helped to recover all my files back it is an awesome software from SysInfoTools it recovers all your .xlsx file and does not modify the original content of the file. The best part was that it is very easy to use, I earlier thought that I'll not be able to use it but it was really easy and I got all my files back in few minutes...... It is a brilliant software.

Last edited by Vaibhavi : 22-02-2012 at 10:22 AM.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,