| || |
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: How to open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM
It is possible that there is problem with the existing profile that you are using. You should try to create and reconfigure the email profile and this may solve the problem. Below are the steps that you have to follow to do this.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
Note: If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, double-click View 32-bit Control Panel in Control Panel to display the Mail icon.
- Open the Mail Setup dialog box:
For Windows 7:
For Windows Vista or Windows XP:
- If Control Panel is in either Large icons or Small icons view, click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
- If Control Panel is in Category view, under View by, click to select either Large icons or Small icons, and then click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
- If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
- If Control Panel is in Category View, under Control Panel, click Switch to Classic View for Windows XP, or click Classic View for Windows Vista, and then double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
- In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then click OK.
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Click the appropriate server type for your new email account, and then click Next.
- Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
- Click Finish, and then click OK.