Thread: Opening .pln files

Opening .pln files

I was using Photoshop for creating 3D designs. While browsing across the internet I have downloaded some of the AutoCAD files which are having .pln extensions. I want to know about the pln files. Also I want a solution describing some of the software which can be used to open or view .pln files.

Re: Opening .pln files

The pln files are most often used as project files by the GraphiSoft ArchiCAD software. We can make use of Adobe InDesign to create pln files. Pln files are also used by Microsoft Flight Simulator so that we can store plain formats easily. We can view pln files by making use of pln viewer or third party software. Also we can store design structure of building, landscapes etc any many more in pln files.

Thanks for providing me the solution about the pln files. From the above given solution I have downloaded graphisoft archicad for opening pln files. While opening pln files I am getting the error saying “windows cannot open pln files”. I need a solution for this problem. Also I need steps so that I can convert pln files into pdf files.

If you are getting the error message such as “windows cannot open pln files” while trying to open pln files then this might be because of corrupted windows registry. If the windows registry is corrupted then it might create problem in opening pln files. In order to repair the registry you might need to download registry repair tool. After installing registry repair tool scan the registry. Registry repair tool will scan the registry error and repair the corrupted or damaged registry entries. After the registry is repaired you can open the pln files easily.

Pln files are the project files which are created with the ArchiCAD design software. We can convert pln extension file types into pdf files. To concert pln files ArchiCAD software needs to be installed in our system. We will also require “novaPDF” pdf printer driver software. To convert pln files we should open pln files into ArchiCAD software by selecting file menu and then clicking on print as virtual PDF printer. After selecting print as virtual PDF printer click on the print button. While pressing the print button, pln files will be converted into PDF files and saved in the selected location.