Thread: Disk util error when tried to open and close an excel file ?

Disk util error when tried to open and close an excel file ?

I have a desktop system with Windows Vista as an operating system. I got a work to do a data entry work on the excel sheet of different visiting cards, since I do the take the projects on data entry , I took the task of visiting cards, but they wanted their projects to be be done on 2010 excel sheet .So I installed the Ms Office after uninstalling the 2003 version of MS office . For a while it worked ine, but later on came up with some issues, Whenever I try to open microsoft excel , I get a an error that state some hidden type of error as diskutil, I saw it in the Microsoft Visual Basic.

Re: Disk util error when tried to open and close an excel file ?

I too had faced the same issue when I had installed 2010 as well, but I got it resolved following a few step and I will be very glad to tell you also. But before that you are requested to backup of the necessary files , because we will delete some of the files which might be the reason of the diskutil error.You will have to clear two files from the excel startup folders. Go to C drve , then in the program files go to the Microsoft office and again office 14 in that you will locate an excel startup file in that , please clear those file and again you will have to go back to the C drive then in the users folder , open the Appdata folder and in that you will find Roaming then Microsoft , in that folder you will see one more excel file , please clear this too. This will surely resolve your issue.

I too got the same issue which you are facing right now. I think you should disable the addins in this case which will surely resolve your issue and then you will be able to successfully open and close the excel files without any obstruction. So to disable addins click on file, then select option and you will find addins in it at the bottom of the window and then manage the addins and disable from there. If you think I have not written in simple terms please post back i will be so glad to repeat those instructions again.

The above solution suggested to to clear out the excel files , I too had same issue with my MS Excel 2010 . I had followed the same instructions in order to resolve my issue. I could not find anything odd in the setup of Microsoft 2010, but when i entered in the users folders and in excel file there was deskPDF2.xla which was an excel file as well, then I recollected that I had installed Acrobat Reader . Without thinking twice I removed it at once and guess what ? My issue was resolved, the excel was working fine as before, you too look closely at those two folders and recollect what you have installed recently. All the best my friend I hope this works for you too.