Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc error

Windows Software

Old 28-11-2010

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc error

I have automated only some processes by means of our mainframe, as well as have a program so as to ftp's information as well as creates .doc documents. This has been functioning extremely fine for the past few years, now lately started getting the above error. Subsequent to some research, it appears similar to a security patch from MicroSoft is the culprit. On the other hand, the steps on the way to fix it do not apply-- in view of the fact that it needs modifying the registry on the way to permit WordPad to open the files. I am essentially using Microsoft Word 2007 on the way to open the *.doc file, not WordPad. It has worked vast up until that security update.anybody have any suggestions?Thanks in advance .

Old 28-11-2010

Re: Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc error

MicoSoft has denounced the mswrd632.wpc at the same time as well as write32.wpc since they are vulnerable.As a result no matter what applications that use these converters are affected. Even Office word is diminishing back on these converters as a result you are facing this problem.Go ahead as well as create the registry keys mentioned in the Article of the update.
Old 28-11-2010

To resolve this problem, an exaggerated client is able to unregister the mswrd632 converter by editing the registry as follows:
1. Go to start menu, click Run, type regedit, and after that click OK.
2. Locate as well as after that click the subsequent registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Text Converters\Import\MSWord6.wpc
3. On the Edit menu, Choose Delete.
4. Click Yes.
5. And finally Exit Registry Editor.
This modification will efficiently unregister the converter as well as disable it for third-party applications furthermore for Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office will make use of its own text converters on the way to open these type of files.
Old 28-11-2010

Hi all!I too have accurately the similar trouble, however the tips you have here did not assist. I yet used Microsoft's Fix It tool, which delete the register for me, however it did not help moreover.Each forum have the similar tip how to repair it, however it didn't work for me.I expect you be able to help me how to fix it.
Old 28-11-2010

You be able to as well fix this problem by means of applying the registry fix; however that is a not as much of secure means according on the way to Microsoft, as this fix in reality creates 'AllowConversion' key in the new 'Wordpad' subfolder. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad)
Go to Tools / Options / General (Tab) in Word 2003 as well as check “Confirm Conversion at Open” at what time you after that attempt on the way to open the document it will prompt you by means of a list to convert from. Choose Word 2007 as well as your document will open.Keep in mind that you will have on the way to unregister mswrd632 first, previous to you make this changes.
Old 28-11-2010

I have got a trouble by means of my computer. It ongoing started deleting the names of my files, as well as put back them by means of squares as well as additional funny symbols. At the present I now find it not possible on the way to save my files from my laptop on the way to my pen drive, in order to open in an additional computer for the reason that. This is since I keep receiving the message “word cannot start the converter mswrd632. I am presently wonder if this may possibly presently be a virus, for the reason that most my files are incomprehensible.Please presently inform me what is incorrect with my computer. It just started all of a sudden!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,