Thread: MS Office 2010: Outlook 2010 Constant crash after installing RTM

MS Office 2010: Outlook 2010 Constant crash after installing RTM

Hello friends, I was running the beta from MSDN from long time. It was working very well. It use to get crash occasionally but I did not care for it because it is the beta and it is expected from it. I then uninstalled the beta and also ran the Microsoft installer clean up tool. After that I installed the Microsoft Office 2010 RTM, after installing it, now the outlook crashes all the time. I had also tried this on the second machine as well but it was unable to run. It is not usable for the other. I also searched for it on the Google, but unable to get the solution for it.

Re: MS Office 2010: Outlook 2010 Constant crash after installing RTM

The problem which you discussed now, does all this things happen if you run the outlook in the safe mode. If your outlook is crashing continuously without any reason, the one thing you can try is to run the program in the safe mode. To do that just press and hold the CTRL key on to the keyboard while you click the icon to start Outlook. If the issue does not appear when you run it on to the safe mode then it is probably a misbehaving add-in that's causing the issue. Go to the tools in that select the Trust Center, Add-ins and check whether there is something that you can disable. One that I almost always disable is the iTunes add-in. It's really only useful if you're synchronizing Outlook to your iPhone or iPod. You can also start in safe mode by using the safe command line switch.

The suggestion given by the “CodGuru” is good solution that you can try, to test problem by starting the Out Look in to the safe mode. If the problem does not persist in to the safe mode then this problem might be related to the some third party add-ins in the Office program, what can we do is disable them. You can do these steps to normally disable the conflict add-ins in to your Office program. To disable add-ins:
    1) First click on to the File menu, in to the File menu click to the Options, now go to Add-in, then click GO button in to the manage: Com-in Add.
    2) Now check for the Add-ins, if there is any add-ins, then clear the checkbox to disable them.
    3) Lastly close the Office program and then restart the office.
    4) Add one check back each time to the list of Add-In, restart the Office program, and repeat the above procedure. Once the issue reappears again, we can determine which add-in causes this problem and then disable it.
    You can also follow the instructions in this KB article to troubleshoot the Outlook crashing problem. The steps are for Outlook 2007 and they are similar in Outlook 2010.

I had fixed this issue of outlook crashing; it can be done with the help of the KMS activation. We not have the KMS server in to our environment. We usually make use of the MAK activation. After a large and the thorough review of the Application Event Log, attempts to activate time and time again using KMS. When we install the Office 2010 Professional Plus, you are not prompted to enter a product key; therefore the default activation is KMS for our system. Since there is no way to activate using the Office Backstage options. You have to change your product key to the MAK key you have. To do this, do the following: 1) on the start menu go to the control panel and open it, in that click Programs and then click to the uninstall option.
    2) Now after going in to it click on to the Office 2010 Professional Plus
    3) Click the option to Change the install (Click change button in toolbar). After that select radio button to change the product key and in that enter the product key.
    Click on to the next button. Once we get activated with the MAK key, OutLook no longer crashes.

Most of the time the Fault Module is the .exe or the .dll files that usually creates the error. The fault module for your crash is mshtml.dll. That is the .dll file that is usually being used by an add-in, rather than used by the Outlook itself. When you start the Outlook in to the safe mode it disables all the add-ins. Under this kind of the circumstances, I would suggest two additional lines of inquiry for you. First, run Outlook in safe mode again and double-check the crash description. Is the Fault Module still mshtml.dll? If the answer is yes, try manually disabling all the add-ins.
    1) If the Developer tab is visible on the Ribbon, click on the Com Add-ins button. If not, click on the File tab, click on Options, click on Add-ins, in the Manage field (at the very bottom of the right pane), select Com Add-ins from the drop-down, and then click on the Go button.
    2) In the Com Add-Ins dialog, make a note of which Add-ins are checked (so you can re-enable them later) and then uncheck them all.
    3) Exit the dialog and restart Outlook
    4) If this cures the crash problem, selectively re-enable the add-ins until you find the culprit.