Thread: Excel 2007 impulsively formats whole work book in date format

Excel 2007 impulsively formats whole work book in date format

I am having a trouble with Excel 2007 which I deduce other people as well contain. In a huge workbook which has been in make use of for a few time unexpectedly one finds that practically the whole workbook has formatted each cell as a date. If this is not a infection, it is an inopportune feature of the user interface that so many people are running into it with no sympathetic of what they have complete that reasoned it to come about. Are there a few clarifications for this? Then please reply some solution for this.

Re: Excel 2007 impulsively formats whole work book in date format

It seems that, the number format in the usual style impulsively alters from General to this date format. This characteristically occurs in shared workbooks, but I have observed it come about in one of my workbooks which were not collective. Since a change to the usual style crashes each cell which has not been exclusively formatted, the end result is apparently overwhelming. The fix for a few exacting workbook, though, is comparatively simple. To my acquaintance Microsoft has not addressed this XL2007 problem by means of an update or patch.

I have a huge workbook with 20 worksheets which been utilizing it for years and contain successfully transformed to .xlsx format for an extensive time and make use of it each day. All of a unexpected each empty cell, and any cell not generally formatted, in each worksheet has a default cell format of Date. Each blank column and row or any cell by means of not in a precise format. How did the default cell format for this workbook turn into set to 'Date' from 'General' and how do I detach it or fix it? Any fresh workbook shaped is ok. Defaults to ‘General’ but, if I insert a new blank worksheet to this exacting workbook it defaults to 'Date' format.

Excel workbooks can contain styles. If you distorted the Normal style by misfortune, you could have distorted all the cells which are utilizing that standard style. In xl2003 menus, it is below: Format|style|Normal (selected from the dropdown). I believe that in xl2007, it is on the Home tab|Style Group I think.

I had the similar problem take place with an excel workbook which had multiple worksheets something like 40. I converted an excel file I had been utilizing for years to .xlsx format. I as well thought that only perhaps my default settings were unintentionally distorted. My research guides me to the "Cell Styles" utility menu as you explained. On the other hand, I was unable to rearrange the cell format for those cells which unexpectedly tainted from "general" to "date" format. In addition, fresh worksheets shaped in this workbook currently default to the date format Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I have been investigating a resolution for days at this time with no responds in the Microsoft forums or technical support sites. I have determined to run Office 2003 in the temporary until I discover it out root cause and fix.

To solve your issue I have some steps which may be help you. So just attempt this,
    1. Select Home- Cell Styles- right click on Normal which you found at near top left.
    2. After that select Modify from the context menu and then click the Format button
    3. Choose the Number tab and then select General.