Thread: 64 bit driver of DSN for Microsoft access database

64 bit driver of DSN for Microsoft access database

I contain windows 7 professional 64 bit version on my laptop. I attempted locating DSN that is data source name intended for Microsoft access data. It is giving me an alternative for just SQL server database. Defining connectivity to Microsoft access database all the way through DSN is extremely significant to my ASP applications functioning through IIS that is internet information services. Later than reviewing the resolutions on the web I completed at present there is no 64 bit driver. Should I demote my windows 7 professional to 32 version. Please suggest something…….

Re: 64 bit driver of DSN for Microsoft access database

At present Microsoft does not contain any 64 bit ODBC that is Open Database Connectivity drivers on hand for the Office products. On the other hand, as long as the application which you wish to connect to is 32 bit, you can utilize the 32 bit ODBC drivers to generate the DSN. To acquire to the 32 bit ODBC drivers, the 32 bit Data Source administrator has to be utilized. The 32 bit Data Source administrator has to be launched unswervingly if you are by means of a 64 bit operating system. The file should be located at the following path: “c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe”.

You can easily download these drivers from Microsoft’s website or any other websites too. But my suggestion is here to download from Microsoft. This file will put in Access to the list of file types in the ODBC administrator. I am completely not certain if its 32 bit or 64 bit. But it worked on a machine running 64bit Win 7. So first download the drivers from Microsoft and try this. Let me know this is working for you or not?

I am utilizing the fresh 64bit Office 2010 drivers with supplier name Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0. It all works fine for a while just reading comma-separated values (CSV) files and excel sheets and so on okay but afterward throws a "The provider reported an surprising catastrophic failure". My surroundings is 64 bit Windows 7 running VMWare Workstation, with a 64-bit Windows 7 guest running SQL Server 2008 64 Bit. Essentially I'm running the following which works infrequently receiving the failure over.
    Code:
     Select top 50 FROM OPENROWSET ('Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0','Text; Database=c: \temp\captell;HDR=Yes, 'SELECT * FROM [DIGDAS132101091135.TXT]')
    I have as well attempted these on Windows server 2003 64 bits with SQL Server 2008 64 bit and obtain the similar error. Has anybody as well had this trouble?

I have just attempted your suggestion over and added a System DSN for MS Access. On the other hand it does not come into view to be obtainable to me. I have experienced by means of a UDL file, but just my System DNS for MS SQL which shaped in 64 bit mode comes into sight beneath the list of obtainable System DSN's. I am utilizing Windows 2008 64bit R2.