Thread: While installing MS office 2010 - Error message 1920 - OSPPSVC Failed has occurred due to insufficient rights

While installing MS office 2010 - Error message 1920 - OSPPSVC Failed has occurred due to insufficient rights

Hey, I am making an effort to install MS office 2010 pro plus in my computer. But I did get the 1603 error plus reset my permissions in the registry, but currently I getting error 1920 OSPPSVC failed due to insufficient rights and fail to install “Service office software protection platform failed to start. make sure that you have sufficient privileges to start system services “when I ensure services it is there but set to manual also when I say cancel to the message it is then removed as well as if press retry I get the same message, and if truth be told I do not understand much of what that article is on about or what to do next let alone how to get it to work.

Re: While installing MS office 2010 - Error message 1920 - OSPPSVC Failed has occurred due to insufficient rights

Hey even I am suffering with the same issue. I have 64 bit office 2010 setup which I trying to install in Windows 7 home basic 64 bit. I am logged in as administrator. If I try to start it manually I get error 5 access denied. Whenever I try to install office 2010 the error "error 1920 OSPPSVC service failed to start confirm that u have sufficient privileges to start the service”. So give some suggestion what can I do..............

Re: While installing MS office 2010 - Error message 1920 - OSPPSVC Failed has occurred due to insufficient rights

Hey U can do one thing because I think that there are settings problem on your system so what you have to do is first do this.hit on the Start button. Then select the All Programs from it, then go to Accessories, Where you will get the option called Run in that you have to type services.msc and Hit on OK button. Then the service window will open where you have to choose the Office Software Protection Platform’. And there you have to choose the log on tab and must set the network service to Local System Account.

Hey u first have to make sure that your computer is absolutely connected to a network such as domain or workgroup. This problem might take place due to insufficient permission implemented on the current user account. I think you have to try to install MS office 2010 in windows clean –boot mode. This is to check if any non-Microsoft services are causing a conflict during office installation

I tried that however the Office Software Protection Platform is not there till you acquire part way consideration the install, as a result I followed what you said when I got the error code I left it on the screen plus went to services.msc and changed it to "this Account to local system account" and retried BUT now I am back to where I was before with a Error 1603 in the install log.

I have gone through your difficulty and it appears to me that there troubles with the service providers of yours, The thing here is that if you are downloaded the office from where you have not given the access to download then at that what you have to do is just ensure that the office that you are trying to install must be an original one, as well as also the thing here is that if the file is corrupted then you won’t be able to do this installation.