Thread: Error: Excel found unreadable content in Book Name

Error: Excel found unreadable content in Book Name

The workbook does not enclose pivot tables and is not element of a Microsoft SharePoint Web Part report sheet. Upon clicking yes one of the users established the following message.
    • "Excel was competent to open the file by fixing or eliminating the incomprehensible content"

On the other hand, the workbook has no exterior formulas I checked via macro, it has no formulas which reference additional workbooks. I have thoroughly looked for the internet with no resolution. Any help is a lot valued.

Re: Error: Excel found unreadable content in Book Name

I have a customer with this similar trouble, I found that if you release the excel program, after that go to- File- Open. Discover the failed file, and click it, the click the small arrow after that to "Open" at the bottom, click "open and repair" On the next pop up window select "Repair". It should recover the file. You will necessitate confirming that no fresh data is misplaced. If anybody knows why this is occurrence, I would be grateful for your opinion. My customer has this workbook shared, 3 users within her office make use of and edit the file at the similar time. This trouble occurs about one time a month.

I regularly get the similar error upon opening my file. How am I dissimilar from the characteristic Excel user? I make use of range naming copiously. Because of this contain problems where I require forcing the rebuilding of the dependency chain. This is because Excel sometimes not remembers or dishonest the chain. The indication is that parts of the spreadsheet which should be efficient do not alter while inputs change, basically huge blocks of cells are deceased. F9 by itself does not anything. I regularly make use of the key mixture ctrl+alt+shift+F9 or sometimes the VBA macro the same to reconstruct the dependency chain and I do that quite a lot of times a day because I am scared of that "dead cells" error. I have experiential and read that this upgrading may be part of the trouble but I require doing it to remain from receiving the "dead cells."

I am containing this difficulty as well, and later than I click yes that I faith the source. I get: this file cannot be released by means of Microsoft Excel. Do you wish to search the Microsoft online website for a converter which can release the file? My choices are Yes, No, and Cancel. If I select yes, I have no idea what I am appearing for, I regularly click no and have to do it more than one time. This occurs in both linked and unlinked workbooks and I am not utilizing a Pivot Table. While this occurs later I had to save the files. I may encompass to do that another time.

A pivot table is the well-organized feature of Microsoft Excel 2007. It assists you summarize a table's data by its dissimilar fields. You can generate the table by defining which fields to view and how the data should be exhibits. Depends on your assortment, Excel systematizes the data and allows you to get a dissimilar view of the data. Though at times, you may come across a variety of errors while annoying to release an Excel workbook with pivot tables. A pivot table utilizing key performance indicators (KPIs) or a shady workbook could be the causes among others at the back of error messages. In order to access the stored data in a workbook, you should take on remedial events or make use of a backup. If not anything appears working, you can go for a higher excel fix utility.

The over error could have surface due to dishonesty a reason itself affirmed in the over error message. But, there could be additional causes which are listed underneath:
    1. If the Pivot Table utilizes key performance indicators (KPIs)
    2. The KPIs are shaped in the Analysis Services Business Intelligence Development Studio
    3. One or more of the KPIs have an appearance in the present Time Member property