Thread: During installation of Office 2010 trial version it gives the error 25004 (System error 1073422308)

During installation of Office 2010 trial version it gives the error 25004 (System error 1073422308)

Hi friends, MS office installation is creating problem to me. Right now I am trying to install the MS Office 2010 home and business trial version. But I am unable to install because when I install it gives me the error. The first installation attempt gets failed due to an unspecified error and now I am continuously getting the error message when I retry. It gives me the error that "error 25004 the product key you entered cannot be used on this machine” and this is mostly like the previous version office 2010 is being installed (system error 1073422308). Any one knows what this problem is about. Please help me to install the trial version.

Re: During installation of Office 2010 trial version it gives the error 25004 (System error 1073422308)

Try to install your office 2010 by following this steps and check whether it works for you or not: First insert the CD or any other removable device in which the setup is being created, right click on the setup file. Secondly go to the properties and in that go to the compatibility tab and then Uncheck run this program in compatibility mode also makes sure also change the settings for all users and uncheck the same option. Also remember to remove all the traces of the Office programs which include the add ins that you had installed such as the Outlook Social Connector or Outlook Hot-mail Connector. Also clear out all the temporary internet files by running the “%temp%” in to the run tab. Delete all the contents of the %temp% and then restart and try to install Office 2010 and check it.

Re: During installation of Office 2010 trial version it gives the error 25004 (System error 1073422308)

I do have the exactly similar problem but I really fix this issue. What I did is I decided to make use of the C-cleaner to erase all the registry files of the office by scanning for the registry problems and then deleted all of them. Then I go to the My Computer and searched Office, by searching it came up with the list of things on to my system that contains the word office and then I deleted all of them. But some of the files were unable to delete so I downloaded the free program called unlocker and then I deleted that file with the help of it. It takes me lots of time to delete because most of the files were hidden in windows. After I deleted all of the Office contained from my system. Then I reinstalled Office 2010 and it really fixed this issue. This will help you.

This problem may persist when the previous office files is not being completely installed. Try to completely uninstall office program and then install the Office 2010 trial version again. Go to the Start, after that go to the Control Panel, in that select Program and Features (Add/Remove Program Files), locate all the office programs and uninstall it. Make use of the cleanup utility and search for all Office content and remove all its content with the help of the cleaner. : If you have got any other old or redundant office entries such as Office 2007 or other Office standalone products, such as Visio in the list, please remove them together. After removing and uninstalling the office content close all the application. Click Start -> Run, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter. Expand the registry tree on the left pane and locate the following two registry sub keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office
    Right-click on this registry subkey and click Delete to delete those keys. Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the "C:\Program Files" folder
    If it exists, rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD"
    If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate" to "OfficeUpdateOLD"
    If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate14" to "OfficeUpdate14OLD"
    If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate12" to "OfficeUpdate12OLD"
    Empty the Temp folder and also the all the folder from the recycle bin. Restart the system and then install the Office 2010.