Thread: Outlook error msncon.dll after forced to upgrading Outlook Connector

Outlook error msncon.dll after forced to upgrading Outlook Connector

I was informed to improve Outlook Connector but at what time I did I could not able to open Outlook. I find a MAPI error occurred with msncon.dll. When I restored to the condition previous to the Outlook Connector improve I could unlock Outlook once more, but was not capable to send/receive messages hence I just had an old account. Then I was informed once another time to upgrade Outlook Connector, and at what time I did, Outlook was stopped working again. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for the suggestion.

Re: Outlook error msncon.dll after forced to upgrading Outlook Connector

I think you will get the solution for the problem after following the steps given below:
    • If you have a hotmail account then remove it from the outlook.
    • Also remove the .ost file which is associated with the windows live account.
    • After removing the .ost file which you will get in the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook location and after this install the latest version of outlook connector
    • Now organize the Hotmail account by means of Outlook connector in Outlook. Remember all the things should be done after uninstalling the outlook connector

I am also come across the similar trouble and examine a lot online regarding it and I do not have got any solution for this issue. I am too in the similar situation and not capable to utilize my hotmail account in Outlook. I utilized your suggestion and it but immobile does not work. OS is there anybody who can give me the solution for this issue. Please help me in solving the problem of hotmail with outlook connector.

It seems that the installation of the outlook connector is not done properly in your condition which results you to get the issue. I think to get the desired solution you have to restart the computer and then try to uninstall the outlook connector if the problem is still there then try to remove the outlook connector manually. For doing a manual uninstallation follow the things given below:
    • First search for the file which is causing this error and then rename it or delete it you can find the msncon32.dll using this path: C:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033\ msncon32.dll,
    • mapisvc.inf.
    • Backup all the new files which you have created and delete all the files which you have listed.
    • After doing all the things just restart the computer and then check if the problem goes away or not.

I think it is an error which is occurred due to the missing msncon.dll file so to recover these files you need to follow the steps I giving below:
    • For getting the solution you have to go to the control panel.
    • After this you have to go to the mail and then you will get the email option in that menu.
    • After this add a new data file and set this file as a default.
    • As soon as you have got this work done then immediately delete the recent email account then add old data file.
    • I think after this you will able to get open the outlook you will be able to add this to your email account.