Thread: When Importing a Large email Folder my Outlook 2010 Hangs down

When Importing a Large email Folder my Outlook 2010 Hangs down

I am using office 2010 in my computer. I have a problem while try to import a large folder with plenty of e-mail from a different PST file. It leads to hand my outlook 2010. In order to come out of this problem I have to forcefully reboot my system. I am use of Dell Desktop and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit OS. I would like to tell you one important thing that i have recently formatted my computer and then i have installed this win 7. I am currently running short of ideas, so if you have any ides related with this problem, ten try to help me. Thanks

Re: When Importing a Large email Folder my Outlook 2010 Hangs down

For this particular problem I will like to suggest you a solution. First try to open the PST with Outlook and try to compact it. Once you are done with this now try to moving the folder with drag and drop instead of importing it. Even I have tried this with the outlook 2010 and it is working perfect. So try this out and see what outcome you get after doing this. I think it will help you.

I have a nice fox for you problem. SO try to go through it. First of all close your outlook. Then run the registry editor by going to the start >> search >> type “Regedit” >> locate Regedit.exe >> Click OK. Now you will have to go to the registry editor and type the following- HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows. After that try to delete the Profiles key. Once you have deleted the profile key now try to restart the outlook. While you will start the outlook it will ask you to create a profile so you have to name it as outlook. After that reconnect all the email account. I think that now it will work fine. Try it out.

In the above post all the solution for solving this problem are being mentioned. If doing all that does not solves you problem, then you are left with only one option of reinstalling the office 2010 software on your computer. In my case I have tried this one as all the above solutions were not working on my machine. So I hope that in your case you might not get chance to use this solution.