Thread: Getting Error : 80041004 while synchronizing my folder hierarchy in outlook.

Getting Error : 80041004 while synchronizing my folder hierarchy in outlook.

I am using personal computer since last three years. I am a student doing BSc (IT) I have machine having windows 7 operating system with 3 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, and Intel i3 processor. Also I have internet connection to my home and using it for normal surfing and downloading. Recently I have installed outlook connector (beta) to the system and removed the .ost files from the outlook folder after the uninstallation of the files I have recreated my E-mail account. After this changes in my outlook 2007 when I am trying to enter into the inbox of my email ID I am getting the following error i.e. Error: 80041004. I have done a lot searches on the net to get the solution of the error. But I think it everyone is getting the same error for this problem. Please help me in solving the problem I am having in outlook.

Re: Getting Error : 80041004 while synchronizing my folder hierarchy in outlook.

I think this error you are getting because you have removed the .ost files from the outlook folder. As per my knowledge I am having is that the .ost files are used to prevent the data lose from the folder and you have removed this file so I think you may be getting this error because of this reason only. So I would like to suggest you to again install the .ost file and see if you are getting the solution or not. I hope this will solve your problem you are having in the outlook connector beta.

Re: Getting Error : 80041004 while synchronizing my folder hierarchy in outlook.

OK as per your suggestion I have done the installation of the .ost file but not getting the solution yet. I thought that this problem I am getting because of this only as you have suggested that this file is prevent us from the data lose of the inbox. But after installation it is still not working will you please help now what is the problem.

After the installation of the .ost file if you are not getting the solution then I think it may because the file which you have installed into the outlook might be damaged that is why you are still persisting with the problem. I think this may be corrected by the tool which include into the outlook and I think that tool might be able to correct t the error. The tool is named as the outlook OST Integrity Tool you have to run it and this will scan the entire outlook and will repair the .ost files. I after this you are getting the error for the same then I think you need to disable that .ost file and you have to create anew .ost file. I think this may be helpful to you to getting the solution for the problem. I think you should try doing all these things and see if you are getting the solution or not.

As you are not still getting the solution for the problem then I think to get the desired solution you need to create a new .ost file and this will only the solution for the problem. So I think you should require these steps which I am giving below which will help you to create the .ost file. So please go through the steps hope these will help you in order to getting the solution. To generate a fresh .ost file, rename the older .ost file, and after that synchronize the fresh .ost file by means of the PC that is running Microsoft Exchange Server. Once you rename the older .ost file, Outlook generates a fresh file. To do this, follow these steps:

• For this you need to first exit from all the programs you are running on the machine at the time of performing this action.
    • Now after the doing the things which are stated in the first point just click on the start and then go to the search option and search for the files and folders.
    • After this type *.ost remember this should be typed in the All or part of the file name tab and also keep in mind that do not write anything into A word or phrase in the file box.
    • Click the hard disk in the Look in list. Then, under the More advanced options option, click to select the Include subfolders check box, and then click Search
    • After all the above has done you need to hit on the hard disk which you can see in the list and then go to the More advanced options and then select Include subfolders check box after clicking on the Include subfolders check box click on the search option to find the location of the .ost file. In the name option you will see the .ost file in the name column.
    • As soon as you will see the location and the name of the file right click on the name of the file and then rename it. Rename it with the new extension as for example .old files name extension instead of the .ost file name extension. After this close the file menu.
    • After all the above has don you need to Start Outlook try to Send or receive the messages using Tools menu.