Thread: With default pst file Outlook today page crashes Outlook 2010

With default pst file Outlook today page crashes Outlook 2010

I am facing a problem that with default pst file my Outlook today page crashes my Outlook 2010 application. After I perform a repair with the repairpst.exe and I attempted to import my old data file into the new one which was being generated by the outlook. Then I founded that it was not the fault of my pst file, but it was related with the Outlook today. So how can I fix this issue? If you have any suggestions, then post it here.

Re: With default pst file Outlook today page crashes Outlook 2010

For this problem I will like to suggest you a solution using which you can solve your problem. I will recommend you to first create a new profile and after creating a new profile now try to open the old pst files. Try this out as it will definitely help you, this is because I have already tested this solution on my computer when I was facing the same problem with the pst files and the outlook. If you require more help on this topic then try to reply me back.

I have already tried the solution of opening the pst file by connecting the old PST file to a new profile, but even after doing this I was not able to solve my problem. I have also tried to import all the data in a new PST file and along with that opening the old pst file by making them as default data files, but even after doing this, till getting the same problem. I am struck with this problem and also unable to understand that what to do now as of from here. Do help.

I have a solution for this problem. Try to change the default personal folder. For doing this you will require to click on the file. After that go to the Account settings, then go to the data files. Here you will have to choose the data file, so select the right Data file after doing that now try to set it as the default one. I think that you will be really able to solved out your problem after trying this particular fix.

Even I am facing the same problem. I have gone through all the posts which are posted above. I have tried to change the default personal folder and even I have tried the solution of creating the new profile. Even after doing all this fixes I am not able to solve my problem. I think that I will require reinstalling the office software on my computer as none of the solutions are able to solve this issue. Thanks for the help.