Thread: windows 7 Pop-up error "EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application”

windows 7 Pop-up error "EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application”

Recently bought a Dell Inspiron laptop and which is comes inbuilt with windows 7 platform. Installed Microsoft Office 2007 application in the machine. I usually use this for my official purpose like making Excel files and some other tasks via internet . I made an Excel file which is not open in my machine, when I tried to open this it gives me error message in pop-up window, the message is “The excel.exe file is not a valid windows 32 application”. What is the problem I can’t understand. It is happened with almost all the excel.exe files. How to run the files. An=y suggestion on this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: windows 7 Pop-up error "EXCEL.EXE is not a valid win32 application”

I had the similar issue, no excel file is execute in my machine, also running in the 32-bit system architecture. And I searched everywhere for the solution and after a deep search I found a solution, which I would like to share with you, this will definitely help you to solve the problem. According to the error message the system not able to recognize the file while trying to open this, that why this error is occurs. Go to the EXCEL.EXE file under the Office 2007 installation folder you will see the file is having the 0 file size. There is a simple solution copy file from other machine which is also running the same version of office application which might be with the file size 17904KB. Rename file and replace it with the file in your machine. Put it into the appropriate file location, otherwise it will again create the similar problem. Reboot the machine and try to execute the same file that you tried earlier.

As per my opinion remove the application complete from your machine and after that delete all the temporary file and the directory file physically from the machine. And then reboot the machine. Take a fresh installation of that application with appropriate instructions. for that run the installer file of the application and select then-install option, it will ask you for the removal of earlier version along with the log files. Select the option to remove all the files from the computer and then take the fresh installation. I hope this process will definitely solve your problem.

I think this is a virus issue, so to sure that close all the application and go for a full scan of the machine. I hope it will surely detect the virus ion your machine. If you are using the machine mainly for the internet surfing purpose then update the firewall option and also regular update the firewall application, whatever you are using. A firewall is a very critical option for now a day. A software firewall is designed with the minimum requirement where as the hardware firewall application is much better than the software firewall. And the combination of both the firewall is works fine. make you machine with the high anti virus protection.

Repair the Microsoft Office 2007 tool application; by this you might able to resolve the problem. Few months back my brother has encountered with the similar issue, any excel file was not executing after using 1year the office tool 2007 version. He was also disappoint about this, after searching in almost all the web sites, and found a very simple solution. By simply repair the tool, he resolves the issue, now there is no problem in that office tool. So I also suggest you to do repair the office tool in your machine. For the insert the office 2007 installer CD in your CD/DVD ROM drive and click on install now option after appearing the installation window. In that window look for the REPAIR option ad click on that. It will take little time as the installation takes. Now try to execute the excel file by double click on the file, and it will definitely runs.

After applying all the above tips to resolve the issue, if you are still facing the problem them I recommend you to one go for Recovery Toolbox for Excel, this might some how help you to fix the issue, this is simplest and efficient way to recover the excel worksheet. Try to backup the documents from the individual backup copy. This approach is used to recover the corrupt excel file like xlam, xlsx, xlam,xltx, xls and xtml. This toll is remove the virus which is affected the file or the viral infection which is corrupts the file. This takes less time to recover the worksheet problem and this is free. I had the similar issue, and after suggesting by my immediate senior boss of my company, it is as easy as less time consuming. Few months ago I had the exact similar issue, whenever I tried to any excel file, it said that the excel.exe file is not supported and can not be opened. I recommend you to try with this, this will definitely helps you.