Thread: .mov file is not playing in VLC

.mov file is not playing in VLC

Having a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop with the windows vista Home premium. Installed the VLC 9.0.1 version, it is a good one; there is no problem with audio and video output. Yesterday my friend give me a video file which is in the format of .mov, and tried to play this on the VLC media player, but unfortunately that was not played in VLC. Is it not compatible with the player? How to play this, anyone having any way to play this file format?

Re: .mov file is not playing in VLC

I had the similar issue with the .mov file format, I thought that the format is not supported with the player application, then I update the codec of the player and this one also not works. I was not able to play the file anyhow. After that my sister is recommend me to install the Quick Time player application, this is able to run all type of file format. Then I installed that one and now I can easily play the .mov file as well as the other files also. So I suggest you remove the VLC player and install Quick Time player, this will play the file in its interface.

As per my knowledge the .mov is the QuickTime movie format and you are trying to play this in some other player, so it is sure about this format is not supported by the player, so there is one simple option is that install the QuickTime player and by this you can easily play the file instead of any other software application or the codec, and the other way to play this file in the VLC media player you need to install the converter that you will get from different web sites. Download and install the converter into your machine and convert .mov file in some other format like .avi or .flv. these are compatible with the VLC

You will got a lot of video converter in internet, which are used to convert the .mov file into vlc .flv file format. Those are designed for different platforms, like the windows version and the Mac OSX version. so select the correct one which is compatible with your machine environment. I used one of them which is a very good application software for the conversion of .mov file into vlc file format. Named as OJOsoft Total Video Converter, download and install that one in your machine and open the application window now in that window select the file which you are not able to play in VLC player and add this on the covering window, select the file and click on covert option. This will convert the file into .flv format. Now you can easily watch the video in VLC media player. This software is not only used for the conversion of .mov file, it can convert any file in .flv format.