Thread: Unable to remove the older version of Microsoft Single Image 2010

Unable to remove the older version of Microsoft Single Image 2010

I have recently purchased an Office Professional 2010 for my computer. Before this I was using Beta 2010 version, so now I have removed this version from my computer and when I am trying to install the Office Professional 2010 in my PC, then it does not gets installed and gives me the error message saying that” the setup is unable to remove the older version of Microsoft Single Image 2010”. I have completely removed it from my machine, then why I am getting this message? I am struck with this problem and not understanding what to do with it? If you have any sort of idea regarding this issue, do help. Thanks.
    Last edited by $Beyonce$; 27-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Re: Unable to remove the older version of Microsoft Single Image 2010

I have referred you post and after going through it I think that there might be case that your Beta2010 version must not have completely removed from your system, hence you are facing this problem. So for solving this problem I will suggest you to make the use of CleanC2R removal toolfor the office 2010. This tool will help you to remove the beta 2010 version completely from you machine. After using this tool try to reboot the system and then try to install the professional version which you have purchased. I think that after doing this you will be able to install you Office Professional 2010 successfully. I will like to tell you one thing that i have also used this tool before on my computer.

Even I am facing the same problem when I am trying to install MS Office 2010 by replacing the Office 2007. I have already tried the solution of using the CleanC2R removal tool. This tool has removed every Office 2007 module from my machine, but then to I am getting the same problem, while trying to install the office 2010. I do not understand that what to do now as my problem is not getting solved out. Is there anyone who has resolved this problem on his machine? Please help. Thanks.

I have searched a lot for a solution and finally I have got one solution for doing that. I will like to share this fix with you. First open the registry and there you have to search for the single image, on getting this you will have to delete all the keys which have "Microsoft office single image”. After doing that now try to restart the machine and then install the office which you are looking to install. I hope that you will be able to install it this time. So try it out.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried you solution of deleting the all the keys which have "Microsoft office single image”. After doing this fix my problem got solved out. Now I have successfully installed Office Professional 2010 for my computer and even I am using it quite well. So it was really a wonderful help which you have provided to me. Thanks once again.