Thread: Outlook Reminders Popup not working in Windows 7

Outlook Reminders Popup not working in Windows 7

I have the Windows 7 installed on the system and after I did that it has caused me severely. I have missed some meeting and have been delayed for some as well. When I was using the Windows XP on the system I used to get the pop up for the reminder right at the center but from the day I have installed the Windows 7 on the system I have seen that the pop up just sits at the boot of the screen, it is just there at the taskbar and nothing more. Can you all please tell me what can be really done here so that I can have this issue solved?

Re: Outlook Reminders Popup not working in Windows 7

I think that you have not enabled the option Always on Top for the reminders in the Microsoft Outlook and hence will suggest you to have that for you in the first place. Please try to enable that option in your case and I am sure that you will have the proper way for you. Please let me know if that was the case that you were missing and if this small suggestion really helped. Will see for the arrival of your post.

I would suggest you to install the application called Growl. It is basically a notification system. It helps you to get notified about the things if you are missing on something. I would suggest you to make use of this and I am sure that after this is installed you will have no issue with the notification. With growl you will be able to have full control over the display of the notification in your case. Get it installed and see if you can have the things in the proper manner.

I do not think that you will have to make use of the Growl here. I have seen the issue already. I had accidentally been caught with the same issue however I managed to get out of it. Well I just want to ask you one thing is the Reminder Window in your case Minimized to the Taskbar? Well the case is that if it is at all open behind then it will get popped up on the screen and along with that it will make a flash as well. But if at all it is minimized then you will be able to see the Taskbar flashing and nothing else. Make the necessary changes and I am sure that you will have the solution in your case.

I would recommend you to use DeskPins instead of Growl. I am saying this since I use it and trust it a lot. In addition to all the things I am sure that it will serve you in the manner that you actually want. It can be customized in the manner that you want it to have in the manner. Follow the instructions below and you will have DeskPins for you.
    • First Close the Outlook
    • After that download and install the DeskPins for you
    • Once you get the DeskPins install it
    • After the installation launch the DeskPins
    • You will be able to see the DeskPins icon in the Taskbar
    • Right Click on that icon and then choose Option.
    • After that you will be required to choose the Autopin Tab
    • Then Click on the Add button
    • Fill in the details there and you will have this application fetching you the things that you are looking for.
    • Finally click on the OK button

I just want to make a point here that it is advisable that you do not make an attempt for this and leave it here itself. I think that making the pop up come on the screen will really distract you from the work that you are doing and hence will suggest you to opt this and make some different choice instead. Actually the Outlook is not designed in the manner that you want and hence I think that you should avoid this. I am sure that I have presented the point in a much clearer way.

You might want to check out Reminder Alerts (beta available, free) – I wrote it in response to the large number of people experiencing this issue. In short, it displays the reminder above the system tray in an alert window, similar to Outlook's email alerts.