Thread: Issues while installing the Outlook Social Connector for Microsoft Outlook

Issues while installing the Outlook Social Connector for Microsoft Outlook

I have the Microsoft Outlook for me and the thing is that when I try to go for updating the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector I get many errors. I have seen that an error message pops up saying The expected version of the product was not found on the system. I want to have the updates for it really cannot have that for me is there a way by which I can have this without any difficulties. Can you all please suggest any suggestion for this?

Re: Issues while installing the Outlook Social Connector for Microsoft Outlook

I think that you will have to uninstall the Microsoft Office as the first step and then you will be able to have the Updates for the Outlook Social Connector. It is the only thing that I can suggest at this very moment and will suggest you to do it properly. First uninstall the Microsoft Office then Reboot the system. After that again install the Microsoft Office again and then reboot the system again. Once all this is done then go for the updates and I am sure that this time you will be able to have the updates that you were missing for the first time.

I am also having the same issue here with the Outlook Social Connector of the Microsoft Outlook. Well I would try to follow the suggestions that you have given here and will see if that really works in the way that you have mentioned above. Will it not work if I just reinstall the Microsoft Outlook and then try for the update? I think that in both the cases I will get the same result. Please suggest me anything in this respect.

Well I do not think that what you have suggested will really work in your case. If at all you will go for the Reinstallation of the Microsoft Outlook at first it will not allow you to do so, it will suggest you to repair and I do not think that will really help you there. In addition to that my colleague has recommended the clean installation and I would also recommend the same. So please try doing that and it is the only way by which you will have the proper things for you.

I would suggest you on the first note to see for the version of the Microsoft Outlook that you have on your system. The actual words that I would like to say here is that the updates for the Outlook Social Connector that you are looking for will only work if you have the proper version or else you are bound to get errors like the one that you have mentioned in your post earlier. You can have the release version by launching the Outlook and then click on the File and then go to the Help and there you will be able to see the build version that I am talking of. If the version is not suitable then I think that you have the Beta version and for that you will not have the update at all. In addition to all the things let me tell you that you will not have to take the trouble of getting the updates manually if all the things are well in your case then you will have the updates automatically. See if what I have mentioned is TRUE.

I would suggest you to download the following two files and see if that can make the difference to the scenario that you had mentioned below. Basically the files that I am offering you to download is Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider and see if there is really anything there that can liveliness to the scenario here. Here is the first link: OSCFB-x64-en-us.exe and here is the second link that I was talking about: OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe. Download the proper one that suits in your case and then go again for the updates. Please make a note one thing that it will be wise if you can have the clean installation of the Microsoft Outlook and then try for the files that I have mentioned above.