Thread: How to bring the Microsoft Outlook meeting reminders on top?

How to bring the Microsoft Outlook meeting reminders on top?

I have the Microsoft Office 2010. I want to have the Meeting Reminders to be displayed on top of the screen on the Desktop. Well I have seen that one coming here, but the only thing that makes me worry a little is that I cannot have the program at the Top of all other programs. I cannot have the Instant Messages to come at the top of the screen. It is always there on the Taskbar. I have selected the option Always on top but I have seen it hardly working. Can there be any solution for the case that I have discussed here lately.

Re: How to bring the Microsoft Outlook meeting reminders on top?

I do not think that it will be wise to do some changes there. Actually if you will do some changes there then you will get distracted with the thing that you are doing at the moment. I do not think that this will really help you here. It will be nice if you can just give up this thing and try for something else. I will be happy if you can give up this. It is really bad that if you get distracted every now and then. I would rather recommend that you disable the always top option that you have selected above.

Completely agreed with what has been mentioned above as I have seen that you can not configure the outlook in the manner that you want. It is really very bad thing to have something really distracting thing running on your Screen and I would also avoid this thing for me. I would also suggest you to avoid this thing and then move for some thing else. Well I will let you know about this if there can be more information on this further.

I even want to know a way by which I can have the pop up of the Windows Reminder to pop up in front of the other applications that are running here. I want to have the Windows to come up here in front of the other application windows and then do the work for us. I will not have any issue even if the windows will distract me as I have to have many important deals and that are really more important then the things that I will be doing on the system. Please suggest me a way.

As it was already suggested above that it (Microsoft Outlook) was intensely made or designed in such a manner so that it cannot bring the distraction here. After further investigating in the matter and searching on the internet I have found that it is designed so that the user working on some application that needs concentration do not get distracted because of the reminder that gets pop up. When the reminder will come in action you will be notified about the same with a flash in the TASKBAR and with a reminder sound. In addition to that I have seen that if you have Windows 7 on the system then the Taskbar in the case will change so that the attraction of the users can be dragged for the Reminder. Well to tell you I have seen that the Microsoft has noticed this issue and has decided to take care of this and come up soon with some amendments so you do not miss on the important meetings.

If you want you can make use of the third part application and for that if you want you can make use of the DeskPins. If you will ask me particularly then the version that I use is the DeskPins 1.30 and will make the recommendation for the same if at all you are willing for going with this same. This application can be used so that you can make any application as the top most application. This is used so that an application can be kept on top of all other windows there. In the final terms I would say that the functionality that it has is some what similar to the Always on Top option. I am sure that you will be able to have the reminders in the way that you want with this application going in your pocket. Hope that will help.