Thread: Problem with Excel 2010 beta

Problem with Excel 2010 beta

Friends, I am using the Excel 2010 beta version. It was running fine earlier but from last few days it is having problem. It gets crashed about every 3 to 5 minutes. I I do the same work on Excel 2007 then I never got this problem. I tried many things to solve this issue but all that was just waste of time. Therefore I am leaving this question over here in the hope that I will get the answer for this from you guys. Please help me. I will appreciate for all the replies.

Re: Problem with Excel 2010 beta

I know that you will find it strange but when I was facing the similar problem then the reason for this came out with the printer driver issue. I changed the default printer and this solves the problem for me. You can click here to see how to change the printer.

Once you are done with changing the printer then try to open the Excel and do some work on that. If it runs without any problem then the problem is with the printer driver. You have to contact the manufacturer for your printer and ask then to update the driver.

It may be the problem with the add-in. It may be not valid and that is why it is creating the issue for you. To confirm that you can follow the steps below.
    1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
    2. Click Add-Ins.
    3. In the Manage box, click the type of add-in that you want to disable, such as Excel Add-ins, and then click Go.
    4. Click to clear the add-ins check box for any add-ins that are selected, and then click OK.

Your installation of Microsoft office may not be done properly or there may be some files which are corrupted and that is causing the problem for it. You can try one thing that is , uninstall the office completely from your computer and after that install that again. This will create a fresh copy of the all the files needed for this and may solve the problem. If you found that after reinstalling also the problem is not solving then you can take a different copy of the setup from somewhere or download that from internet and try to install that. This may also solve the issue for you. I am saying this to you because there is possibility that the setup file for it may be corrupted and so it is not installing the office correctly.

Do you have any antivirus software installed in your system? I am asking this to you because if your system is infected by the virus then it may also create some similar problems for you. If you don't have any, then you can install any good antivirus to your system. Update the virus definition for that so that it will be able to detect more all the threads in your system. Clean all the infected files that are detected by the antivirus. If it can not delete that then you can directly delete that but before doing this you should check that it should not be any system file or any important file for you.